Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Desperate Dan

Manx Radio

Don’t besmirch Jo. The best commentator the BBC never had. Now happily saving the whales or children or something. 

On 3/3/2019 at 7:49 PM, gettafa said:

One of the dumbest commentators when they first started was Chris Kinley...However, he learnt... to make a passable standard of interviewing and commentating.

Hmmmm.

Posted (edited)

I was being charitable.

Personally I find it drivel.

Edited by gettafa

And no tender process. What a surprise.  

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

And no tender process. What a surprise.  

Like the Fire & Rescue or ambulance boys don't tender for providing a service. Those fire engines and meat wagons are probably subsidised by the taxpayer too.

16 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Like the Fire & Rescue or ambulance boys don't tender for providing a service. Those fire engines and meat wagons are probably subsidised by the taxpayer too.

Are you honestly comparing yourself and Manx Radio to the Emergency Services? It shows the self-righteous regard that you lot up on Douglas Head hold yourselves in. 

All you lot at Manx Radio do is provide a crappy radio broadcast with an identity crisis. You lurch from trying to be some kind of current affairs service, to a Butlins Holiday Camp show through to some weird 1960's extinct radio station. 

It's a shame the Quayle Administration doesn't have the balls to pull the plug on that shower of utter sh*5e! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Oh dear. Normally I quite like the way you go about defending Manx Radio, but this is stupid.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Are you honestly comparing yourself and Manx Radio to the Emergency Services? It shows the self-righteous regard that you lot up on Douglas Head hold yourselves in. 

All you lot at Manx Radio do is provide a crappy radio broadcast with an identity crisis. You lurch from trying to be some kind of current affairs service, to a Butlins Holiday Camp show through to some weird 1960's extinct radio station. 

It's a shame the Quayle Administration doesn't have the balls to pull the plug on that shower of utter sh*5e! 

I was under the impression that MR also had a civil defence function and an isolated place like the IOM would be missing an aspect of governance without a national broadcaster. 

37 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

I was under the impression that MR also had a civil defence function and an isolated place like the IOM would be missing an aspect of governance without a national broadcaster. 

You can be under whatever impression you like. I guess by 'civil defence function' you mean sharing a few posts from the police on Facebook or re-tweeting the Steam Packet. Or you could just be talking bollocks as usual Barrie. 

1 hour ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Don't hold back now! :lol:

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

Don't hold back now! :lol:

Someone has to get through their hermetically sealed bubble up there on Douglas Head. There's no point pussy footing around the issue. 

It has to be said though that a large part of their content is utter dross. It's what happens though when your operation is bailed out by the taxpayer year after year, existing in some kind of alternative reality so far removed from the reality of budget cuts and having to meet budgets. 

I have yet to go into a shop, office or restaurant over here that has Manx Radio playing in the background. It's either 3FM, Energy FM or one of the UK national stations. 

• Thanks 1

I think chris kinley is pretty good on the tt broadcasts. At least he seems to have a passion for it. He is the voice of the tt and will rightly be revered in 20 years time. Jo pack's alright too.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I think chris kinley is pretty good on the tt broadcasts. At least he seems to have a passion for it. He is the voice of the tt and will rightly be revered in 20 years time. Jo pack's alright too.

the chains come off the chains come off  or was it his chains come off his chains come off,  funny as fuck either way.