Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Desperate Dan

Manx Radio

29 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Still waiting for that apology to the emergency services from Alan Partridge  Mr Peters! 

What exactly is it you want him to apologise for? 

• Like 1

FLF - please hold your breath waiting for that.

One of my claims to fame reflected glory is that I was one of the first to use Steve Coogan professionally. In fact I made the demo showreel cassette that got him Spitting Image, and produced the first corporate video he appeared in (for CIS in Manchester). I DO worry that I may have been an inspiration for bits of AP - I had a Phil Collins 'No Jacket Required' denim jacket in those days and bought my Lotus Esprit in 1990 when he had an MX5. I also have a sheepskin flying jacket and like Abba...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Did it finish when you'd left the village?

I must admit I never thought of that. Perhaps it happens every time a stranger enters.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 7:25 PM, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/agreement-in-principle-for-2019-tt-radio-coverage/

Nothing to see here - Staus Quo preserved, Tax payer funded, Rob Callister blogs his latest success....

Struggling to uncurl my toes.

It would probably be too late in the day now for any other another option i would have thought.

On 3/12/2019 at 11:19 AM, the stinking enigma said:

I think chris kinley is pretty good on the tt broadcasts. At least he seems to have a passion for it. He is the voice of the tt and will rightly be revered in 20 years time. Jo pack's alright too.

He is the voice of the tt and will rightly be revered in 20 years time, a bit like Jeff Cannell and Peter Kneale.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LightBulb said:

He is the voice of the tt and will rightly be revered in 20 years time, a bit like Jeff Cannell and Peter Kneale.

And Jo Pack 

2 hours ago, LightBulb said:

So revered by you that you did not how to spell Geoff's name.:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Aye but LightBulb was being ironic, that is clear.

Talking Heads today, aggrieved man banging on about the bus changes.....a taxi driver by the way so it was totally unbiased..not.    I just wish the mini bus service was available from Douglas to the airport paying twenty quid each way when you have to catch an early flight , day trip to hospital across , is a lot out of a basic old age pension.

19 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Talking Heads today, aggrieved man banging on about the bus changes.....a taxi driver by the way so it was totally unbiased..not.    I just wish the mini bus service was available from Douglas to the airport paying twenty quid each way when you have to catch an early flight , day trip to hospital across , is a lot out of a basic old age pension.

Double that and more from some places.

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Sadly to be expected. If anyone listens to any phone in show on LBC you'd quickly realise how poor the content on Manx Radio is. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Sadly to be expected. If anyone listens to any phone in show on LBC you'd quickly realise how poor the content on Manx Radio is. 

Oh come on flf, comparing LBC with Manx Radio is a bit ridiculous: Eddie Mair, Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage et al. 

My guests from UK and further afield listen to Talking Heads/Mannin Line and find them very entertaining. Andy Wint likes to reword the emails and txts on the fly and make them lose all meaning, or just refuse to read them out at all, but Stu Peters and indeed Roger Watterson read them out as is (except if they are obviously too close to the knuckle or contain foul language). The voice of the people. You should phone in with your own thoughts.

And Buster is magic, with the added spice of Quirkie. You couldn't write some of that stuff.

Do 3fm do a phone-in?

Edited by gettafa