Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Desperate Dan

Manx Radio

I support you Stu, keep up the good work.

If you did get kicked off Talking Heads I wouldnt mind if you got the Saturday night gig back. As long as you did not give Pink Floyd such importance.

I agree with you about Pink Floyd but Ed Oldham's rock show is better than Stu's was.

I do like Ed's show, he has very eclectic tastes.

Maybe Stu could take over on Sunday night - that spot is dire at the moment.

I like Stu on Talking Heads - how he puts up with those wallies that call in. It's like being locked into a phone call with TJ and his many sockpuppets

• Like 5

I like Stu on Talking Heads - how he puts up with those wallies that call in. It's like being locked into a phone call with TJ and his many sockpuppets

Yeah. If he could get rid of the callers it would be spot on.

Talking Heads would be a lot less boring and maybe even worth a listen if it was really like that.

• Like 3

I am not one who generally accuses MR of being the government's lackey, but today, the first item on the news has been "only hours left to get your tax return in or face a big fine." I find this patronising, nannying and toadying to government all at the same time.

I am no fan of, for instance, the BBC, but I could not imagine them or any other broadcaster putting this out as "news". If the government wants to put it out as an announcement it should be done as an advert. It isn't news. At times MR don't help themselves.

It wouldnt be much of a show if people stopped calling in though would it.

• Like 1

It wouldnt be much of a show if people stopped calling in though would it.

Hmmmm. Never thought of that.

I am not one who generally accuses MR of being the government's lackey, but today, the first item on the news has been "only hours left to get your tax return in or face a big fine." I find this patronising, nannying and toadying to government all at the same time.

I am no fan of, for instance, the BBC, but I could not imagine them or any other broadcaster putting this out as "news". If the government wants to put it out as an announcement it should be done as an advert. It isn't news. At times MR don't help themselves.

Pretty handy though. The reminder threads on here have saved me a few quid over the years.

• Like 1

left to ramble on his own, stu would talk himself into the sack and possible hate crime charges within the 2 hours, even allowing for the adverts and a couple of hepburn tracks.

Murphy's law and all that....

• Like 1

If you did get kicked off Talking Heads I wouldnt mind if you got the Saturday night gig back. As long as you give Pink Floyd a lot more airtime.

FIXED

• Like 1

If you did get kicked off Talking Heads I wouldnt mind if you got the Saturday night gig back. As long as you give Mariah Carey and Hayley Westenra a lot more airtime.

FIXED

Fixed fixed.