Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Desperate Dan

Manx Radio

Recommended Posts

I am going to buy this DVD and thank you so much Jonny Moss for telling us all.

Can I just have one tiny little rant about Jonny Moss and I do not mean to be nasty (as it's Christmas etc) but listen to one of his interviews just to see if it's only me that hears him constantly butting in and interrupting answers to questions he has asked, no offence Jonny, just let the person being interviewed bloody finish answering you.

Happy Christmas Manx Radio and Stu my family love you and your great lunchtime listening and banter :-) 

LT

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The original DVD is pretty good apart from Charles Guard's dreadful sounding 80's synth track, the composition is fine & I like his narration, but the terrible dated sound needs updating from when a Casio was the pinnacle of technology.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, De nada said:

I always had the impression John is reasonably intelligent, but wasting time trying to argue with the idiot W2 has changed my mind.

ooh get you.......

:whatever:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, victorian dad said:

The original DVD is pretty good apart from Charles Guard's dreadful sounding 80's synth track, the composition is fine & I like his narration, but the terrible dated sound needs updating from when a Casio was the pinnacle of technology.

This IS a new video from Duke, probably using a 4k drone rather than a Jet Ranger shooting SD. I think Charles Guard has also done a similar job which is coming out as a book first with clips online later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Last Ten said:

I am going to buy this DVD and thank you so much Jonny Moss for telling us all.

Can I just have one tiny little rant about Jonny Moss and I do not mean to be nasty (as it's Christmas etc) but listen to one of his interviews just to see if it's only me that hears him constantly butting in and interrupting answers to questions he has asked, no offence Jonny, just let the person being interviewed bloody finish answering you.

Happy Christmas Manx Radio and Stu my family love you and your great lunchtime listening and banter :-) 

LT

 

I agree he simply can’t help trying to be a smart arse and failing in a very embarrassing way. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

This IS a new video from Duke, probably using a 4k drone rather than a Jet Ranger shooting SD

As a video production expert perhaps you could explain to us simple folk the advantages of shooting 4k on a small sensor with crap optics over shooting SD on a pro camera when the output is DVD?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

As a video production expert perhaps you could explain to us simple folk the advantages of shooting 4k on a small sensor with crap optics over shooting SD on a pro camera when the output is DVD?

Well Chas, whilst I appreciate you are probably trying to show us all how much better you understand the tech than me, all I can say is that some (not all) £30 GoPro clone 4k camera footage is much sharper and nicer to look at than £60,000 DigiBeta with a £20,000 lens.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Well Chas, whilst I appreciate you are probably trying to show us all how much better you understand the tech than me, all I can say is that some (not all) £30 GoPro clone 4k camera footage is much sharper and nicer to look at than £60,000 DigiBeta with a £20,000 lens.

So no idea then.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

Read the link...

i did- it said charlie brown your the weakest......

goodbye:lol:

Edited by woody2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...