Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, HeliX said:

I'd be bothered whichever race Stu Peters was making his comments about. Except white maybe, at least he'd not be punching down.

 

It doesn't read like a joke to you. It looks like a way to frame an amusing gif to me.

I saw a gif of a plane crashing once. I dont make social media jokes about how I'm thinking about crashing planes though.

It wasn't a joke, you know it wasn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the current circumstances, really? I have not seen my mother, who is in a nursing home, for over 2 months, I get that and comply. I could not take my friend, who cannot drive, shopping  e

I am delighted to announce that I will be returning to Manx Radio’s Late Show on Wednesday 1st July. This follows a three week suspension after complaints were lodged against me for comments made

Information Notice.pdf Not sure if the PDF link will work, but this is the official word. To everyone on here who has supported me, thank you sincerely. To my many detractors, have a nice day.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

People who feel passionately about BLM phone in to their local phone-in show when it's about BLM and you see a conspiracy?

This has nothing to do with BLM to me other than superficially. It’s about bored woke folk trying to create publicity for their forthcoming protest from what I can see. Most of them don't seem to be BLM or to have any connection to the BLM community from what I can see. They just want to be “outraged” about the current topical thing to be outraged about. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

I saw a gif of a plane crashing once. I dont make social media jokes about how I'm thinking about crashing planes though.

It wasn't a joke, you know it wasn't.

What a bizarre tangent.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've listened to it.  I don't think he's racist, but I think he's naive and arrogant and ultimately part of the problem.

The dismissal of the idea that black people have it any more difficult than anyone else is just cringeworthy.  He was quite patronising to callers who were trying to explain this to him, and to say that the English are the most discriminated against on the island was just an awful take.

I would hope that the current discussion would lead to some people taking a step back and listening to what black people are saying, rather than telling them they're wrong and they should stop moaning.  

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Newbie said:

This has nothing to do with BLM to me other than superficially. It’s about bored woke folk trying to create publicity for their forthcoming protest from what I can see. Most of them don't seem to be BLM or to have any connection to the BLM community from what I can see. They just want to be “outraged” about the current topical thing to be outraged about. 

What sort of links to the BLM community do you need people to have before they're allowed to phone into Manx Radio on the topic of BLM?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Ah yes, a nice guy who makes awful comments about autistic people and their parents. A nice guy who laughs at people's personal experiences. A nice guy who's commentary on a rape victim was "what did she expect".

 

Lovely guy. Really jealous.

Do you have an equal amount of cheese and gravy on your shoulder ? You do seem to want to be a victim for some reason

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scotty said:

Do you have an equal amount of cheese and gravy on your shoulder ? You do seem to want to be a victim for some reason

That it? Your best defence of Stu?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr Newbie said:

Because it looks far too like a stunt to me. I’m not supporting Stu Peters by the way. I’m just saying the woke folk are trying to create publicity for their forthcoming protest and there is no better way to do this than set up some Partridge-esq tit like Peters and then blitz a social media campaign on the back of the false “outrage” 

They might be and I am not particularly in favour of their protest. I think it is pretty pointless and I wish that rather than protest in support of all black lives matter, which is not really something we are directly affected by in the IoM, they protested against abuse and discrimination in the IoM and highlighted what was going on here. I think or at least hope that was possibly the point that Stu was initially trying to make but basically ballsed up with some pretty crass arguments.

However unfortunately for Stu whatever reasonable point he may have been, in his own head, trying to make, and if given more time and another opportunity might make, what he actually said was in my view inappropriate for a public radio station.

I do half blame Manx Radio as it was an accident waiting to happen as playing a few records is really what they should have employed to do. Allowing him to have on air debates where he could express views was at some point not going to end well. Stu always appeared to treat broadcasting as if he was talking to his mates down the pub. Unfortunately if broadcasting you can probably not do that. Some of the things that are said and jokes told amongst mates etc are not things I would what overheard or said in public. Stu never really seemed to have that filter.    

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scotty said:

Not at all, just a quick assessment of your stance.

Do you think his comments on the rape victim and on autistic children were defensible? Out of interest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

What a bizarre tangent.

Its literally the same argument you're making, but it doesn't support your agenda.

As I've said multiple times, I cant condone any movement supporting ANY cause that seeks to alienate the people it wishes to change.

This Jordy bloke is nothing more than a hypocrite with media fever and that's my final opinion of it. He isn't someone to fight for the BLM cause, just like those people attacking police officers in London aren't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Stu had a point.

It's just the usual overly sensitive tossers who have turned it into an issue.  When there isn't one.

But he’s in the public eye (or ears) as a presenter on our national radio station, at any other time of year it would have ruffled a few feathers but during the BLM movement it’s highly insensitive at best.

My own workplace has a social media clause, that because I’m employed by the company my views are said to therefore represent the company, I would imagine this in the small print of the majority of people’s contracts, there isn’t such a thing as free speech unless you're self employed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

Its literally the same argument you're making, but it doesn't support your agenda.

As I've said multiple times, I cant condone any movement supporting ANY cause that seeks to alienate the people it wishes to change.

This Jordy bloke is nothing more than a hypocrite with media fever and that's my final opinion of it. He isn't someone to fight for the BLM cause, just like those people attacking police officers in London aren't.

I haven't made any argument that compares fat sea animals to the 9/11 terror attacks.

 

What's alienating about BLM?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chef Raekwon said:

I've listened to it.  I don't think he's racist, but I think he's naive and arrogant and ultimately part of the problem.

The dismissal of the idea that black people have it any more difficult than anyone else is just cringeworthy.  He was quite patronising to callers who were trying to explain this to him, and to say that the English are the most discriminated against on the island was just an awful take.

I would hope that the current discussion would lead to some people taking a step back and listening to what black people are saying, rather than telling them they're wrong and they should stop moaning.  

I cannot improve on this so I think I am going to stop posting except for the occasional repost of the this.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...