Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

I guess so but apparently his producer dies all the work and he just turns up and goes Awoogawooga. Bit like Chris Kinley.

Haha. He/his producer plays some great stuff, they play mixes by Sam Redmore sometimes, I like what he does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the current circumstances, really? I have not seen my mother, who is in a nursing home, for over 2 months, I get that and comply. I could not take my friend, who cannot drive, shopping  e

I am delighted to announce that I will be returning to Manx Radio’s Late Show on Wednesday 1st July. This follows a three week suspension after complaints were lodged against me for comments made

Information Notice.pdf Not sure if the PDF link will work, but this is the official word. To everyone on here who has supported me, thank you sincerely. To my many detractors, have a nice day.

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I mean - to be fair - we have such substantial numbers of Phillipinos and Chinese staff here and employed in large numbers. I'm not entirely convinced by the name on CV argument when - pre COVID at least - the competitive job market for talent was very strong to seek the best at what they do.

How many 'locals' are applying for these jobs?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheTeapot said:

Haha. He/his producer plays some great stuff, they play mixes by Sam Redmore sometimes, I like what he does.

It is a good show and he's good at what he does.

Had an varied career for someone who started reading poems on Wogan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Declan said:

It is a good show and he's good at what he does.

Had an varied career for someone who started reading poems on Wogan.

How many masts would you need to attach your true colours to ??? Jesus Declan.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, HeliX said:

The bits of protests that turn violent or destructive are regrettable and a great shame, you won't get any argument from me on that. But they don't do anything to turn me away from the underlying cause and movement.

I'm sure they don't as you seem to be intransigent, but please can you for a second see how they do for the vast amount of law abiding people?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gettafa said:

I'm sure they don't as you seem to be intransigent, but please can you for a second see how they do for the vast amount of law abiding people?

What has being law abiding got to do with it? A small percentage of dogs bite people, I don't let that put me off all dogs though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What a peculiar analogy to use to make your point. But yes, I know it won't.

Edited by gettafa
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wrighty said:

Trouble with racism accusations, particularly for those made against people working in the public sector (NHS, local authorities etc - public broadcaster too I suppose) is that they’re investigated with a “guilty until proven guilty” approach (not my line - I think I got it from a book about NHS whistleblowing) - Stu may not get out of this, and unlike Clarkson I doubt Amazon will be calling.

I've not listened to it so I can't pass comment on that but having read the statements from Manx Radio it does feel like his guilt has been assumed and it's become trial by social media

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gettafa said:

What a peculiar analogy to use to make your point. But yes, I know it won't.

Feel free to replace it with any "small amount of bad members of [something] don't put me off [something]" analogy you like. Like a choose your own adventure, except shit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do these people move in to places where they can leap in with no talent just so that they can peddle their crap.What an absolute wanker.Close that alleged Radio Sation down and divert the £million pound subsidy to those in need.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just listened to the playback of the programme. Absolutely nothing wrong with anything that Stu said or didn't say. He was courteous, gracious and professional. He spoke for me and I'm pretty sure he spoke for thousands of other people on the IOM. You hear what you want to hear. The two callers, Jordan and Lucy, had determinist points of view and you either agreed with them or were wrong. Binary thinking allows of no shade or nuance. Where is their outrage at the police actions in Hong Kong ? Where was the demonstration against the Russian poisonings in Salisbury ? The poor copper dragged behind a car to his death by young thugs ? The young soldier butchered in London by two Muslims ? Not even a squeak...

I'm disgusted that Manx Radio took him off tonight's show. If he loses his job over this it won't go down well and even more people will be reaching for the off switch.    

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I've just listened to the playback of the programme. Absolutely nothing wrong with anything that Stu said or didn't say. He was courteous, gracious and professional. He spoke for me and I'm pretty sure he spoke for thousands of other people on the IOM. You hear what you want to hear. The two callers, Jordan and Lucy, had determinist points of view and you either agreed with them or were wrong. Binary thinking allows of no shade or nuance. Where is their outrage at the police actions in Hong Kong ? Where was the demonstration against the Russian poisonings in Salisbury ? The poor copper dragged behind a car to his death by young thugs ? The young soldier butchered in London by two Muslims ? Not even a squeak...

I'm disgusted that Manx Radio took him off tonight's show. If he loses his job over this it won't go down well and even more people will be reaching for the off switch.    

Do you know for a fact neither of those callers protested any of the things you listed? Does someone have to protest absolutely every injustice to be allowed to protest any of them?

 

The Lee Rigby murder is absolutely, entirely, non-comparable to this, by the way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...