• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the current circumstances, really? I have not seen my mother, who is in a nursing home, for over 2 months, I get that and comply. I could not take my friend, who cannot drive, shopping  e

I am delighted to announce that I will be returning to Manx Radio’s Late Show on Wednesday 1st July. This follows a three week suspension after complaints were lodged against me for comments made

Information Notice.pdf Not sure if the PDF link will work, but this is the official word. To everyone on here who has supported me, thank you sincerely. To my many detractors, have a nice day.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Nonsense really there Declan.:rolleyes:

there are quite a few spouting nonsense...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

And I thought you were a sensible adult.

Appearances can be deceptive. I can descend to any level necessary to match the actions of others, in this case the creamery.  

• Like 4
On 6/8/2020 at 2:30 PM, Gladys said:

I cannot find the details of that as I do want to understand how a man who had part of his ear bitten off ended up with community services and costs against him.  Can you illuminate?

I do not doubt that there is racism here, like anywhere else.  However,  given our demographic profile isn't it more likely against other minorities (in fact you refer to that incident as being an attack first on two Asian people) and so is the BLM the right banner

Like I said above there are other houses burning. 

This is something I find frustrating with a lot of media coverage of cases (in my case those relating to Employment Law).

There will be an initial report outlining a case to be brought against an employer - normally with a reactionary headline - but then you will find no further mention of it.  The one that sticks in my mind was a muslim woman who had been rejected for a job at a hairdressers because she wore a covering over her hair.  There was "outrage" about the case in the press but then no follow up on what the outcome of the Employment Tribunal.  Turns out the ET ruled in favour of the hairdresser which meant the media could not follow up on their moral outrage and they therefore didn't report on it.

Locally, I don't think there are enough court reporters to sit in on the hearings and report on the outcomes.  Reading court judgement can often be pretty dry as well.  

• Like 2
6 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I think the Creamery were premature in withdrawing sponsorship.  

Bloody cheesemaking surrender monkeys eh?  ;-)

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, HeliX said:

Helps what? Put local people out of work because you don't like something one of them said? Sounds an awful lot like something you'd argue against in a role reversal.

That's spot on. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I think the Creamery were premature in withdrawing sponsorship.  

There are a couple of subtly different issues here. I would not so much condemn them had they done so temporarily and put out a statement to the effect that the suspension was pending the outcome of the independent enquiry, full stop. This I would accept as protecting their legitimate commercial interest. They didn't. They immediately jumped aboard the manufactured bandwagon of outrage by putting out a statement distancing themselves from the programme and Stu Peters:

’For those people who heard the show, we wanted to publicly address what was said and make it clear that we in NO WAY condone the comments that were made or support the presenter’s view in any way.

’As a result of what was said we have decided to pull our sponsorship of that programme from this evening. Thank you to the people who have spoken up and brought this to our attention.’

This could be construed as meaning that Stu Peters had made racist comments when he did no such thing. They had no legitimacy in issuing a corporate verdict on Stu Peters, thereby prejudging the outcome of the investigation. That is my problem with what they have done. Manx Radio should also have told them in no uncertain terms to butt out. No commercial news organisation or broadcaster should tolerate a client publicly interfering with or commenting on non-commercial content.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

They're ever so touchy down at Ballafletcher

I suppose they have reason to reflect on their luck. They bought some advertising but didn't bargain on being dragged into a shitstorm. However, it's all about how you handle things. Nobody has handled this particularly well.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, woolley said:

I suppose they have reason to reflect on their luck. They bought some advertising but didn't bargain on being dragged into a shitstorm. However, it's all about how you handle things. Nobody has handled this particularly well.

There is no such thing as "bad publicity", ( apparently ).

I'm genuinely confused. A local company sponsors a local radio show, and following public outrage over the presenters behaviour the sponsor stops sponsoring, so some people declare they won't buy their products any more for some reason I cannot fully comprehend.

Seems pretty fucking stupid to me.

• Like 1

Has anyone picked up yet on comments made on today's Mannin Line by Quirkio (David Quirk ex MHK) ?

He has it in writing, allegedly, that the Communications Commission are NOT looking into the Stu Peters Late Show affair. So who is ?