Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Desperate Dan

Manx Radio

Dilli: As long as you give Pink Floyd a lot more airtime.

It might just happen....one of these days

https://youtu.be/hT44cUPZQ2o

Love Pink Floyd. Everything from "Meddle" onwards is great, but "The Endless River" was a big let down.

I like The Endless River but it really shouldn't have been released as a stand alone album. It should have appeared as a B side or second CD for a 20th or 25th anniversary special edition of The Division Bell. Also, their very early stuff was shit.

Edited by llap

I support you Stu, keep up the good work.

If you did get kicked off Talking Heads I wouldnt mind if you got the Saturday night gig back. As long as you give Mariah Carey and Hayley Westenra a lot more airtime.

FIXED

Fixed fixed.

Not too sure about Mariah Carey, but Hayley Westenra is brilliant. I'd give Hayley 5 out of 5 and give Mariah one. thumbsup.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 2

I like The Endless River but it really shouldn't have been release as a stand alone album. It should have appeared as a B side or second CD for a 20th or 25th anniversary special edition of The Division Bell. Also, their very early stuff was shit.

Totally agree with that.

Oh, apart from "See Emily Play", I like that.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1

Yes there are a few good songs. I like A Sauceful of Secrets. But overall it was shit and I still don't understand the whole worship of Sid Barrett. The guy was a knob.

• Like 2

it doesn't stop you from being perpetually smug though does it bobbo?

That's what taking the government shilling does to you.

Yes there are a few good songs. I like A Sauceful of Secrets. But overall it was shit and I still don't understand the whole worship of Sid Barrett. The guy was a knob.

I don't worship him, but he was the talent in the band. There were people in other bands doing similar things better, but his stuff isn't bad. As he starts to fade so does the quality of the band's output, in fact it seems to happen at some point in Ummagumma

I don't worship him, but he was the talent in the band. There were people in other bands doing similar things better, but his stuff isn't bad. As he starts to fade so does the quality of the band's output, in fact it seems to happen at some point in Ummagumma

Can't agree with that. what about songs like "Bike". There were loads like that and they are total shite. Pink Floyd got better and better when SB went.

• Like 2

Bike's a bit of fun, like something by the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band. Music can be fun you know.

The trouble with the later Floyd is that it is as if you are expected to sit quietly and reverentially and marvel at the effort they've put into it. Like you're attending a power point presentation on Compliance Practice by Rob Callister.

• Like 1