Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Desperate Dan

Manx Radio

Recommended Posts

A Yorkshire born accountant

Blessed we are, blessed

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:
 

Yorkshire born at least:

And maybe spent a lot of time there.

Bet they don’t miss him. Great company DLP. So glad he made it into gov. to fuck up our transport system. Maybe he should have carried on working out the costs of producing shower doors and low line kitchens. Arrogant git.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

A Yorkshire born accountant

Blessed we are, blessed

A Scotsman with the generosity removed.

If he likes watching the pennies, he'll not last 5 minutes at DOI. They'll make sure of that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pity about the god-bothering. He has the brains for admission to Cambridge, but falls for that clap-trap.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a lot of words in that letter. Unfortunately they don't seem to have any substance. Can these people highlight actual discrimination against the black community on the Island? When they do I will enthusiastically support them in opposing that discrimination. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems worded in such a way that suggests there is some sort of conspiracy behind the decision reached by the comms commision and MR. She also opines that there has been a rise in racism since the broadcast and subsequent furore.

Why would she want to remain anonymous? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, quilp said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/people-of-colour-iom-criticise-manx-radio-in-open-letter/

PoC IoM still not satisfied with the outcome of the inquiry into alleged systemic racism and calling for awareness training to be introduced for staff at MR.

The open letter from them is featured in the link. 

A Mrs Hugh Jass, from Foxdale, has written in to complain about Manx Radio playing "Fat Bottomed Girls",Also followers of some 1400 year old religion,are to protest about funky tunes being played by the "Crusaders".  The militant   "Lentil Lovers Vegan Alliance Action Group" are offended by  the song "blowing in the wind" , and because of Manx Radios refusal to play their rebel song from the film " High Noon"...."Do not mincedsteak me oh my darling". 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, quilp said:

PoC IoM still not satisfied with the outcome of the inquiry into alleged systemic racism and calling for awareness training to be introduced for staff at MR.

 

People just don't get it. 

This is indicative of the whole BLM movement and what it stands for. Like these people on the Isle of Man will not be content in this matter until Stu Peters head is paraded on a stake (the metaphor may be ill-advised but it is appropriate) the BLM movement in general will not be content until it has what it believes is some sort of 'equality' and then a whole lot more. Rub the white noses in it and make them feel it. There.

The ratchet of the BLM has begun big time.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tide is turning with performers and presenters questioning having to wear a BLM badge, or take the knee.

I hope MR politely tells this correspondent to do one.  Enough already. 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Barlow said:

People just don't get it. 

This is indicative of the whole BLM movement and what it stands for. Like these people on the Isle of Man will not be content in this matter until Stu Peters head is paraded on a stake (the metaphor may be ill-advised but it is appropriate) the BLM movement in general will not be content until it has what it believes is some sort of 'equality' and then a whole lot more. Rub the white noses in it and make them feel it. There.

The ratchet of the BLM has begun big time.

Their attempt to draw in and thus portray elements of MR being racist has failed.

So all they can do about it is make out that the Communications Commission have got it wrong.

However it's very obvious to anyone with any nous that the Communications Commission have got it very right.

So imho PoC IOM are now pissing up a rope.

If they had any genuine demonstrable evidence of racism on the island they would get a lot of backing, including myself.

But as yet they obviously haven't....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

Pity about the god-bothering. He has the brains for admission to Cambridge, but falls for that clap-trap.

Plenty of scientists are religious. They delve deep into the wonder and complexity of it all and decide that it can't possibly all have happened by accident. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, quilp said:

Seems worded in such a way that suggests there is some sort of conspiracy behind the decision reached by the comms commision and MR. She also opines that there has been a rise in racism since the broadcast and subsequent furore.

Why would she want to remain anonymous? 

As with many pressure groups they want to set the ground for debate. The accepted definition of racism has to be their definition despite them having no divine right to be the arbiter. Therefore, if anyone takes issue with the doctrine, as Stu Peters did in questioning the concept of "white privilege", it brings howls of indignation and expressions of disgust. I note in the statement that they also perpetuate the fiction that the caller's experiences were laughed at. Stu only laughed because he was unable to get a word in. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

Pity about the god-bothering. He has the brains for admission to Cambridge, but falls for that clap-trap.

He studied Economics.  Anyone who knows anything about the sort of economics that gets taught academically nowadays realises it's a bit like Theology, but with less intellectual rigour and not as well rooted in reality or good at looking for actual evidence.  And certainly less troubled by doubt.

A fine training for DoI.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The tide is turning with performers and presenters questioning having to wear a BLM badge, or take the knee.

I hope MR politely tells this correspondent to do one.  Enough already. 

 

I've noticed on recent football matches some of the players have been back up off the knee pretty quickly. Black players too. Pretty hard to be the first one to invite the shitstorm onto yourself by saying bollox to this nonsense. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...