Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Desperate Dan

Manx Radio

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Spoke well. 

He did not. The eerrrs and ummms and halting delivery, incomplete sentences, poor modulation of his voice, misplaced inflection and hopping from one topic to another, provided a model demonstration of inadequate verbal communication. If you thought that was good I can only imagine that you live in a Trappist community.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

He did not. The eerrrs and ummms and halting delivery, incomplete sentences, poor modulation of his voice, misplaced inflection and hopping from one topic to another, provided a model demonstration of inadequate verbal communication. If you thought that was good I can only imagine that you live in a Trappist community.

Yeh sure.  Whatever :whatever:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Yeh sure.  Whatever :whatever:

Why am I not surprised at that uncomprehending and unoriginal response.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

He did not. The eerrrs and ummms and halting delivery, incomplete sentences, poor modulation of his voice, misplaced inflection and hopping from one topic to another, provided a model demonstration of inadequate verbal communication. If you thought that was good I can only imagine that you live in a Trappist community.

Well, it's not all bad:.Trappist_Bliss.thumb.jpg.d63d8469aa54db79e21e4e6de727e82f.jpg

 La Trappe Trappist Quadrupel is the heaviest ale with an intensive and warm taste. It is unique and it’s the first quadruple in the world. It has an alcohol content of 10%.

Bit much to expect the CM to be trained at RADA mind.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Why am I not surprised at that uncomprehending and unoriginal response.

He's Howard's speech writer.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Why am I not surprised at that uncomprehending and unoriginal response.

It's about as predictable as the putrid bint like shite you spout to be honest.

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It's about as predictable as the putrid bint like shite you spout to be honest.

 

Indeed it isn’t. I’m not an inarticulate, grunting Neanderthal with a penchant for sexism. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having just listened to the Mannin Line today you have to question the future of the IOM. It was wall to wall with batshit crazy old biddies calling in nearly crying about the borders starting to open up. The Island is really starting to have a proper Wicker Man vibe about it now. I had to turn the radio of before I took a hammer to it listening to the moaning old bags. 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2020 at 1:25 AM, gettafa said:

I don't want to sound overly churlish, but the newspapers were full of letters begging the borders be closed, the TT to be cancelled etc.

But yeah, the boy done good.

Sort of. Eventually.

Go out and get pissed and that, and while Boris shakes hands in hospitals I'll just snuggle up to Davie in front of the cameras.

 

On 7/16/2020 at 7:41 AM, wrighty said:

There were an equal number saying it would be ridiculous to cancel the TT, close borders, etc. Go back to the start of the coronavirus threads here - they’re an interesting store of people’s opinions at the time. 

 

Wrighty, your loyalty is admirable but misplaced. But certainly in the letters to the newspapers (which is what I mentioned) there weren't an equal number, but 100% wanting borders closed, TT cancelled etc. 

Here's a typical example of the start if one letter, which continued in much the same vein:

1764171868_20200317IMEp18letterscoronavirusextrct.jpg.1dcbd6a4d4a2deabde31ceafe5b6d457.jpg

Here's another, 'horse has bolted' etc. Regarding the writers of history, I am sure they will not be harsh on our government, not one bit. We have a troop of spin doctors and a cabinet office to sort out that particular aspect. [ETA: and wrighty!]

1592568635_20200324IMEp00letterscoronavirus000extract.thumb.jpg.768fb7e41feb50a643da1463fc446783.jpg

 

 

Edited by gettafa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr Newbie said:

Having just listened to the Mannin Line today you have to question the future of the IOM. It was wall to wall with batshit crazy old biddies calling in nearly crying about the borders starting to open up. The Island is really starting to have a proper Wicker Man vibe about it now. I had to turn the radio of before I took a hammer to it listening to the moaning old bags. 

I dare say that if you were elderly, frail and very vulnerable you would be as worried and you would be justified. You can’t possibly know how the feel.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

I dare say that if you were elderly, frail and very vulnerable you would be as worried and you would be justified. You can’t possibly know how the feel.

I wonder if they’re so scared of getting on and off the bus or going down the stairs? As that’s more likely to kill them statistically. It’s time they just locked all the old folk up and just let everyone else just get on with it. They don’t need jobs to pay the bills so they could happy stay indoors for another year and wouldn’t be affected. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

I wonder if they’re so scared of getting on and off the bus or going down the stairs? As that’s more likely to kill them statistically. It’s time they just locked all the old folk up and just let everyone else just get on with it. They don’t need jobs to pay the bills so they could happy stay indoors for another year and wouldn’t be affected. 

I knew I shouldn’t have tried to stick up for the poor folk you would have put down if you wielded any power.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr Newbie said:

Having just listened to the Mannin Line today you have to question the future of the IOM. It was wall to wall with batshit crazy old biddies calling in nearly crying about the borders starting to open up. The Island is really starting to have a proper Wicker Man vibe about it now. I had to turn the radio of before I took a hammer to it listening to the moaning old bags. 

Man tunes into radio station only listened to by batshit crazy old biddies, to a segment only contributed to by the absolute top echelon of batshit crazy old biddies,  then is so outraged by the views of the top echelon of batshit craziness that he has to switch off his own radio before he smashes it to smithereens with a hammer. I like it, reminds me of a short story I once submitted to the readers digest. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...