• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the current circumstances, really? I have not seen my mother, who is in a nursing home, for over 2 months, I get that and comply. I could not take my friend, who cannot drive, shopping  e

I am delighted to announce that I will be returning to Manx Radio’s Late Show on Wednesday 1st July. This follows a three week suspension after complaints were lodged against me for comments made

Information Notice.pdf Not sure if the PDF link will work, but this is the official word. To everyone on here who has supported me, thank you sincerely. To my many detractors, have a nice day.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Wint is certainly earning manx radio their government money today.  

Wint - the arseholes’ arsehole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

Wint - the arseholes’ arsehole.

I've said it before, but for someone who hosts the flagship news programme and the flagship phone in programme he is very poorly prepared. 

For example, someone phoned the Mannin Line a few months ago, absolutely frothing that MR were running an ad from IOMG that said "sponsored by the department of people who are cleverer than you".   AW said he wasn't aware and would look into it.  It was a highly amusing (:whistling:)  jingle on the Alex Brindley show.  There are more,  but that was pure gold - one broadcasting arsehole was oblivious as to what another broadcasting arsehole was broadcasting!

I suppose just like arseholes, MR has piles!

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Gladys said:

I've said it before, but for someone who hosts the flagship news programme and the flagship phone in programme he is very poorly prepared. 

For example, someone phoned the Mannin Line a few months ago, absolutely frothing that MR were running an ad from IOMG that said "sponsored by the department of people who are cleverer than you".   AW said he wasn't aware and would look into it.  It was a highly amusing (:whistling:)  jingle on the Alex Brindley show.  There are more,  but that was pure gold - one broadcasting arsehole was oblivious as to what another broadcasting arsehole was broadcasting!

I suppose just like arseholes, MR has piles!

Indeed yes. Piles of crap.

• Haha 1

"Welcome to Manx Radio...Lots of important information to give you this morning...so here's 10 minutes of adverts and some shitty music no one wants to hear"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

"Welcome to Manx Radio...Lots of important information to give you this morning...so here's 10 minutes of adverts and some shitty music no one wants to hear"

Sponsored by Albert & the taxpayers.

Haven't listened properly in years.

13 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Sponsored by Albert & the taxpayers.

Haven't listened properly in years.

Wasn't it Skelly and DfE who sponsored manx radio with a funding motion and it would have been

more if Mr Callisters recommendation had been voted through.

Poor old Albert just had to find the money.

I listened to Manx Radio news this morning at nine o’clock as is my wont
The second item ( I’m pretty sure) on the news was a report that a Manx chap now living in London was looking forward to a night out in Peel when he could get back.

I’m sure he is but news headlines F F S

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Have I understood this right ? Somebody who lives in London is looking forward to a night out in Peel ? I must be getting old...

Must be fed up having to pay for a legover!

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I listened to Manx Radio news this morning at nine o’clock as is my wont
The second item ( I’m pretty sure) on the news was a report that a Manx chap now living in London was looking forward to a night out in Peel when he could get back.

I’m sure he is but news headlines F F S

That’s a major international story. Normally the second item is about a child from Colby who entered a competition to win something really quite shit but didn’t because they forgot to post their entry.

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

That’s a major international story. Normally the second item is about a child from Colby who entered a competition to win something really quite shit but didn’t because they forgot to post their entry.

They have children in Colby?

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

They have children in Colby?

Actually no. Everyone in Colby of childbearing age/capable of impregnating a woman  has been, quite rightly, compulsorily sterilized to safeguard the rest of us. The ‘children’ are a combination of circus performers, high-tech robots and those aliens walking among us as a research project.

• Haha 2

Phew,  relieved. Thought there may have been one of them puppy farms there,  but farming children, and then selling them on Manx Freecycle advertised from a smoke-free, pet-free and kid-free home.

Can't be too careful with all them scams.