Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

2 hours ago, Chie said:

You want to listen to fake news, rabid rantings and a loopy old fool desperately trying to cling on to his abacus in an ever changing and progressing world?.

Gosh, how disagreeable. I think I possibly dated Chie once, but she was called Millie Tant at the time and had an aversion to soap. Wrong on every level and certainly wrong about the fast food videos (there are dozens of them, and they're certainly not all pranks).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chie said:

Heaven forbid....a typo....my god....stop the presses...

Pretty much anything he could think of to push whatever agenda he felt needed to be pushed that day. It wasn't so much "The Mannin Line" as it was the "Stu Peters Right Wing Political Broadcast Phone In". He had a real hatred for anyone on the left. Didn't appear overly fond of marginalised groups in society campaigning for equal rights. Completely misunderstood the BLM movement. Feminists. The fake news incidents, the ketchup incident wasn't the only one. Rants about "snowflakes". The whole thing was getting ridiculous and exhausting. I have no issue if an individual wants to have a political opinion and no issue if someone wants to discuss that political opinion. It is a free world after all. But day in day out on Manx Radio?. Over and over and over. No thanks. You can't really claim to be "The Nations Station" if you are only representing one aspect of it. The nation isn't solely made up of right wing nut jobs.

I never inferred anything to do with Manx or non-Manx.

I was referencing Manx Radios "The Nations Station" claims vs what sub section of the community Stu Peters represents.

I’m as democratically left as they come politically. Stu had me as a guest on his show, physically and by phone fairly regularly. I never found him like you describe. Yes, he’s politically Luddite, and can say things to evoke a reaction. But he was unfailingly courteous. Suspect he represents a fair chunk out there and on here.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Chie said:

He is better than Stu Peters. By a long shot. All you got from Stu Peters was incessant whining most of the time and lots of fake news. I remember one time he came on the mannin line and had an absolute fit over a YouTube video of someone throwing a tantrum in McDonalds because they didn't get enough ketchup. Turns out, that video was nothing more than a prank video. But, given Stu Peters desperation to find anything to push his own prejudice agenda. He bought into it hook line and sinker thinking it was real and raged as such the very same day. Stu Peters is a arrogant, prejudice, egotistical stuck up old fool who is better relegated to his night spot. He spewed far too much hatred to be on daytime radio and made the whole thing way too negatively political. You can't really call it "the nations station" when the nation he represents are those livid at the fact they have to be nice to people now.

You do know he's a radio presenter, paid to entertain by presenting contrasting views to some of the silly things which tend to get people excited?

I've not seen any hatred or prejudice towards anyone, can you be specific?

3 hours ago, Chie said:

Pretty much anything he could think of to push whatever agenda he felt needed to be pushed that day. It wasn't so much "The Mannin Line" as it was the "Stu Peters Right Wing Political Broadcast Phone In". He had a real hatred for anyone on the left. Didn't appear overly fond of marginalised groups in society campaigning for equal rights. Completely misunderstood the BLM movement. Feminists. The fake news incidents, the ketchup incident wasn't the only one. Rants about "snowflakes". The whole thing was getting ridiculous and exhausting. I have no issue if an individual wants to have a political opinion and no issue if someone wants to discuss that political opinion. It is a free world after all. But day in day out on Manx Radio?. Over and over and over. No thanks. You can't really claim to be "The Nations Station" if you are only representing one aspect of it. The nation isn't solely made up of right wing nut jobs.

I never inferred anything to do with Manx or non-Manx.

I was referencing Manx Radios "The Nations Station" claims vs what sub section of the community Stu Peters represents.

I think he basically responds to issues brought up by his listeners rather than raising issues himself, Isn't that what the programme is about?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Yes, he’s politically Luddite, and can say things to evoke a reaction. 

His beliefs on climate change have got to be ironic. But the one that is the classic is the view that there is plenty of room for more housing because if you go up in an airplane and look, or use Google earth there is loads of greenfields etc for lots more houses.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Chie said:

You want to listen to fake news, rabid rantings and a loopy old fool desperately trying to cling on to his abacus in an ever changing and progressing world?.

Are you being serious?

Stu hosts a decent show.  If you don't like it, don't listen to it.

The world might be ever changing, I'm not sure if it's " progress " though.

Shame he doesn't post much on here anymore since that witch hunt.

Edited by The Dog's Dangly Bits
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Chie said:

Pretty much anything he could think of to push whatever agenda he felt needed to be pushed that day. It wasn't so much "The Mannin Line" as it was the "Stu Peters Right Wing Political Broadcast Phone In". He had a real hatred for anyone on the left.

So what has this "hatred" turned to now as it's no longer addressed to anyone on the left?

Didn't appear overly fond of marginalised groups in society campaigning for equal rights.

Such as which groups? With examples of course....

Completely misunderstood the BLM movement.

I think you mean was deliberately set up by the BLM movement. It was very obvious to me that the first "caller" on the evening they tried to score cheap political points off Mr Peters and "notoriety" for themselves and their cause was actually reading from a script. In fact the whole episode was so obviously contrived the individuals involved certainly turned the likes of me away from them. For good. So for the future I don't want anything to do with them. The BLM cause is worthy of support, the individuals involved are not...

Feminists

Examples please as I could do with a good laugh...

The whole thing was getting ridiculous and exhausting.

Well here's an idea to get hold of - tuning in to Mr Peters and his program is your free choice. So it would appear you make very poor choices if they end up exhausting you...

You can't really claim to be "The Nations Station" if you are only representing one aspect of it. The nation isn't solely made up of right wing nut jobs.

Manx Radio is not made up solely of Mr Peters.

Why don't you phone in, identify yourself and have an adult discussion with the man himself?

Or would you just prefer to post snide comments from the sidelines...

• Like 5

16 hours ago, John Wright said:

I’m as democratically left as they come politically. Stu had me as a guest on his show, physically and by phone fairly regularly. I never found him like you describe. Yes, he’s politically Luddite, and can say things to evoke a reaction. But he was unfailingly courteous. Suspect he represents a fair chunk out there and on here.

I’m afraid Stu has let himself down again in last 36 hours with some unnecessary comments about woke, cancel culture, cultural//racial appropriation, trans and LGBT issues.

Was due to meet up socially. I’ve cancelled. Mainly because I’d find it hard to bite my tongue. The event doesn’t need to be ruined for the others.

If he went on an inclusion course after his racism row it was a waste of money.

I appreciate he’s a dinosaur. And I’m happy that there are important issues to be debated, right now not least because of the Ann Boleyn TV series, and I defend the right of people to hold and express views that I don’t care for or oppose.

The casual way this man comes out with racist, sexist, transphobic, homophobic hate, dressed as quizzical humour and perplexity, is inappropriate for the National broadcaster. It’s thoughtless and ill thought out and delivered in a smug self satisfied manner as a chummy response to those who contact with nasty views. He has a choice what he reads out. He hasn’t learned to filter.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’m afraid Stu has let himself down again in last 36 hours with some unnecessary comments about woke, cancel culture, cultural//racial appropriation, trans and LGBT issues.

Was due to meet up socially. I’ve cancelled. Mainly because I’d find it hard to bite my tongue. The event doesn’t need to be ruined for the others.

I appreciate he’s a dinosaur. And I’m happy that there are important issues to be debated, right now not least because of the Ann Boleyn TV series, and I defend the right of people to hold and express views that I don’t care for or oppose.

The casual way this man comes out with racist, sexist, transphobic, homophobic hate, dressed as quizzical humour and perplexity, is inappropriate for the National broadcaster. It’s thoughtless and ill thought out and delivered in a smug self satisfied manner as a chummy response to those who contact with nasty views. He has a choice what he reads out. He hasn’t learned to filter.

Have you considered a career with the BBC?.

22 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I like Stu and his approach.

He just doesn't subscribe to this overly sensitive Woke nonsense and is happy to say so.

A lot of the general public are thoroughly fed up with it and the agenda where you just can't say anything to anyone anymore without being accused of racism or homophobia. 

You mentioned the word Hate.  Do you seriously think Stu approaches this from a hate angle?

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I defend the right of people to hold and express views that I don’t care for or oppose.

He has a choice what he reads out. He hasn’t learned to filter.

All seems a bit contradictory.

Surely if you support the right of people to express their views,then you shouldn't be so upset that you'd be likely to ruin a social event.

As for what he reads out,are you saying he shouldn't read out the views of the public that don't suit your beliefs or opinions because it may be offensive?. That sounds very BBC to me

Some of the comments here just serve to demonstrate that being divisive is a trait of the left, as they interpret contrary opinion and debate as hate and prejudice. Yes, there is fault on both sides, but these interpretations make assumptions about intent and the views of the majority which threaten democracy and inclusion as much the views of those they oppose. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sure Stu comes across as very "blokey" but that's probably because he's a bloke of a certain age.

But to cancel out rather than debate seems a bit extreme to me. 

He's certainly stirred opinions up on here mind.

Now what is his role on MR again?

Incidentally the only TXT message I have ever sent to MR was to Stu and it was read out faultlessly without any hesitation, repetition or deviation.

It was "Man discovers 6 ft fatberg in bathroom mirror..."

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

No. It’s far too right wing.

With a political appointee now in place it's certainly headed that way.

A great shame really. First scalp being The Mash Report...