Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

46 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Yet many, many people now go to SkyNews of an evening for relatively independent news coverage of UK & world events

Yes agreed I just looked up the data for BBC news you can add Sky News and ITV News too . The point I was trying to illustrate to the poster was that there are plenty of people watching linear TV news . He seemed to be implying nobody did ! 

TBH I think the BBC has seen the writing on the wall

Such is a change in viewer habits that progs like Newsnight are now releasing their best bits on YouTube - it's probably only a matter of time before they stream entire programmes there

YouTube is great for news dipping as channels like France24 & DW cover issues that Brexit Britain just can't be arsed with

I'm not sure the youngsters view digital media watching in the linear way us oldies are used to - news is what's trending on their timelines I guess

Jonny Moss' continual updating the TT audience on the cricket -
I can't speak for all bikers but I reckon I can speak for damned near 100% of them (non-bikers too) - who cares about the cricket. Just tell us who won or who lost at the end of the long drawn out boring saga. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Have to say Alex  Brindley when he’s  hosting the mannin line is very very good he asks some good probing questions much better than Winty (I think am cleverer than my listeners chap) Beth is also very good. Kate Brennan on today who I thought would be a good Mhk came across as poor fair play to the Sharon women who called her out. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

Have to say Alex  Brindley when he’s  hosting the mannin line is very very good he asks some good probing questions much better than Winty (I think am cleverer than my listeners chap) Beth is also very good. Kate Brennan on today who I thought would be a good Mhk came across as poor fair play to the Sharon women who called her out. 

I heard him last week for a bit and I have to agree. I far prefer him being a grown up and talking sensibly rather than his ‘jolly jester’ persona. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, GreyWolf said:

At first I thought it was Ray Harmer or Tim Crookall doing an impression of Agnes Brown.

• Like 1