Snow Patrol Sold Out Before Lunch...

Beckett

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lou Reed was fantasic... The hall was only half full though... if that! I believe there is a bit argument raging over a radio station broadcasting that the event was sold out hence the poor ticket sales??

Edited by ermo

Still saddens me that with all the great metal/rock acts there are in the UK during the TT period at Download, we can't get one of them over. Instead, we get the likes of Lou Reed and Van Morrison.

-- Terran

I think the first thing that's needed is to distinguish what they want to bring over here during TT from what they might want to bring over here for the rest of the year. I'd personally love to have the opportunity to see gigs every week if I wished, and I don't really see why it couldn't happen if only on a small scale.

Who remembers Isle of Mansun?

Yeah, Duran Duran say they're influenced by Lou Reed. They did a whole album of covers of people like Lou Reed, Bob Dylan, Sly Stone, Elvis Costello, The Clash and Public Enemy. It is possibly the worst album ever made. Although very funny!

In hindsight Lou should have been booked for 1 night rather than two. About half full on the Friday, and I've heard the same on Thursday.

It was quite a good gig, although fans of Perfect Day, Walk on the Wild Side or any of his 70's stuff would have been dissappointed. He did do two Velvet Underground songs though, other than that the best known song he did was Dirty Boulvard. At times his singing was that of an old tramp mumbling to himself in on a park bench, although in a good way. There was a few bits of noodleing which I could have done without, in particular a bit where Lou would play a bit on the guitar the bass player would sing it back to him, which was frankly a pathetic waste of time and an insult to the audience. The set started off with two instrumental tunes which got a bit of a brutal groove going and were the best things in the show.

Lou Reed was fantasic... The hall was only half full though... if that! I believe there is a bit argument raging over a radio station broadcasting that the event was sold out hence the poor ticket sales??

The villa looking half full is full. For some reason even when there's no seating they can only sell the number of places as if seats where there, so you get the hall half full with people standing. Assume its fire regs or some such nonsense. Bloody annoying though, you could get another 500 in easily.

Yeah, Duran Duran say they're influenced by Lou Reed. They did a whole album of covers of people like Lou Reed, Bob Dylan, Sly Stone, Elvis Costello, The Clash and Public Enemy. It is possibly the worst album ever made. Although very funny!

In hindsight Lou should have been booked for 1 night rather than two. About half full on the Friday, and I've heard the same on Thursday.

It was quite a good gig, although fans of Perfect Day, Walk on the Wild Side or any of his 70's stuff would have been dissappointed. He did do two Velvet Underground songs though, other than that the best known song he did was Dirty Boulvard. At times his singing was that of an old tramp mumbling to himself in on a park bench, although in a good way. There was a few bits of noodleing which I could have done without, in particular a bit where Lou would play a bit on the guitar the bass player would sing it back to him, which was frankly a pathetic waste of time and an insult to the audience. The set started off with two instrumental tunes which got a bit of a brutal groove going and were the best things in the show.

Was Andy there?

post-1130-1150042534_thumb.jpg

The Island should investigate running a music festival...

Glastonbury style.... Pulrose playing fields might make a good venue?

Yeah and the world can marvel at our the positioning of our powerplant and incinerator! :lol:

Wow - what a backdrop!

Edited by Beckett

But then we'd be competing with other festivals like Glastonbury and Reading. I think we should have a festival of buckets, where the world's master bucket manufacturers demonstrate and display their superb wares for all to marvel at. It's a niche market, which, as everyone knows, is a good thing.

A bucket festival, or an exhibition of nails through the ages, but not a music festival.

250px-KaiserChiefsBrits.jpg

Bothersome, mediocre crooners

bucket.gif

The world's bestestmost bucket

I rest my case.

The field that hosts the Southern Agricultural Show would rock for a festival. See the IOW festival was a complete sell out this year too, I recon if you booked the right acts it'd rule.

I bet it's a hell of a lot cheaper to get from England to the IoW and back than it is for a trip to the Isle of Man.

great idea to have a festival over here but if you want it glastonbury style you'll need a slightly bigger venue that pulrose playing fields