New Look Manx Radio Website

Beckett

..and why on the web-site is there pictures of some MR personnel and not of others....

..also note there is no Charlotte Quayle in teh newsroom line up...when/where did she go to???

Charlotte Quayle left about a month ago, she has moved to the UK.

I was interviewed several times by Charlotte Quayle. She always managed to edit some good sense out of the rubbish I said into her microphone. God knows how.

I'm very grateful to her for her ability to edit together a good report out of the stream of consciousness which she recorded me actually saying. Ditto Roy Macmillan.

I particularly miss Roy and the impression that he was actually interested in the subject. It's a great pity that Roy hasn't been replaced by someone with similar interests. He is a bright bloke.

Manx Radio would do well to gradually replace the not-very-bright-bloke deejays with people who are as bright and interested as Roy was.

It's actually important that they employ people who are bright and interested and clever.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe the web-site as it is is a ploy to add onto the latest accounts and a plea for yet more taxpayers cash to fix it...

...by the way where are the latest Manx Radio accounts ?? guess they'll come out when Tynwald is in recess and then there won't be time to properly scruitinse them before the next election so expect the cheque request to be rubber stamped.

also Examiner this week page 10 Politics in Brief column.... "plans to put MR on a statutory footing as the puyblic service broadcaster have been delayed becuase of queries over the move....."??? whats going on here then???

maybe the web-site as it is is a ploy to add onto the latest accounts and a plea for yet more taxpayers cash to fix it...

...by the way where are the latest Manx Radio accounts ?? guess they'll come out when Tynwald is in recess and then there won't be time to properly scruitinse them before the next election so expect the cheque request to be rubber stamped.

also Examiner this week page 10 Politics in Brief column.... "plans to put MR on a statutory footing as the puyblic service broadcaster have been delayed becuase of queries over the move....."??? whats going on here then???

I thought the beeb where spose to be playing a bigger part ?

Terran

I hear that two BBC jobs will be in place before the Manx election. These posts will be termed "multimedia" or "video journalist”.

At present BBC North West send a reporter over once a month to do mostly light/fluffy items that might be enjoyed by the UK audience.

When the two BBC guys are in place the Island will start to get something like a local TV service via the BBC website. At a later stage BBC Local TV will come on line, if the trials in the Midlands are successful.

I understand the operation is closely tied up with Manx Radio who will possibly be equipping their journalist with video cameras as well.

• 2 weeks later...

but its no use looking at the MR web-site 'cos of the 12 named as being in the news department there are only 5 with photographs who you can recognise...so does that mean that the other 7 faceless people exist or not???

http://www.manxradio.com/ourPeople.aspx

Mod Edit: Topics merged - enough spam threads already

Edited by Amadeus