Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Foxtrotlima

Lost Season 3 Anticipation Thread

Personally I think thats a great ending, i wont go into it for obvious reasons but it just makes me want to see Series 4 asap!!!!

Season 4 starts Jan 08, can't wait, great ending, typical Lost. Loads of questions, no answers, just speculation.

Just finished watching the last 3 eps of season 3.

My head hurts!

Possible that charlie will swim out of the window?

Or maybe that was just another of Desmond's alternative possible realities.

I'm just amazed the dopey shit didn't just close the door from the outside.

Edit: Haha, I just read that poll link and I'm not alone :)

I think he thought it was his destiny and didnt really think too much about it. Pretty lame i know but thats the only real reason I can think of.

Overall I enjoyed the finale. Good twist of the flash forward and it sets it up nicely now that we know at least Jack and Kate get off the Island.

Any ideas or thoughts on how series 4 will go ? Do you think they will be rescued quickly or they will drag it out until they get rescued. Will we find out what Jacob is and the mystery of the smoke monster and if the hallucinations and creations on the Island are real...

All good stuff.

As far as series 4 goes I reckon the new threat from the 'boat people' will lead to an uneasy alliance between the losties and the now severely depleted others.

Plus some awesome Locke based action

I'm just amazed the dopey shit didn't just close the door from the outside.

Edit: Haha, I just read that poll link and I'm not alone :)

As far as i could see it could only be locked form the inside so he was saving desmond.

You don't need to lock a door to close it. The door had a handle on the outside.

Anyway, regardless of that, the size of the moonwell area was such that at the rate of entering water through the porthole, they'd have had two, maybe three, minutes to either don breathing apparatus or simply take some deep breaths and swim up. It's a completely unneccessary death and thoroughly avoidable. It was lazy writing.

Which brings me neatly to what I think was wrong with the finale. Lazy writing.

Let's look at the S2 finale. How many interesting things were posed there. The four toed foot. The artic station. The Widmores. How many times were these touched on in the entire third season? Zero. So what's the solution? To introduce more elements and groups of people. To drop in Jacob, the whole baby problem and apparent anti ageing abilities of some of the Others, while still failing to give us any more information about the smoke monster, the sickness, the whispers or a whole bunch of other mysteries posed in the first bloody season.

I'm done with Lost. I'm going to watch however many shows they have left before they get cancelled but I'm not going to read anything on the Internet, I'm not going to bother looking at screencaps and I'm not going to bother discussing it with people to the level I have done. Lost no longer deserves anymore than an hour of my time a week, and even that's pushing it.

What I want to know is....Who the hell was in the coffin? Who is Christian Shepard? And what the hell is Jack's dad doing alive and working in the hospital in the flash forward.

Charlie had come to terms with the fact that he was going to die, and so he chose to die a hero rather than being killed by a falling coconut or something when he got back on the beach.

And I reckon Jacob is the smoke monster, when he wants to be. And Echo's brother, when he wants to be.