Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
The Godfather of Manx House

Irrational Fears...

eww, eww, just thought - other people's hair! It's okay when it's attached to their heads, but when it suddenly appears in a bath or on the floor or anywhere near food, it's disgusting. Hairdressers should get danger money.

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, GO ON!!!!

IS248-012.jpg

I dont like anyone elses cups of coffee but my own.

Fairground rides, i hate them.

Babies crying, like the one they had on big brother for the alarm, it sounded like it was in pain.

I hate watching other people putting earring in, dont know why but it makes me cringe.

EDIT: Just to add moths, god i hate them, they scare the life out of me and they look horrible

Edited by the_kitty

I don't have any irrational fears.

One of my more notable, rational fears is bananas. They are in actual fact evil and are sent to do the devils work, i was convinced of this when Goran Ivanisevic won Wimbledon, he ate 25 bananas in the last two matches of the tournament. Anything that helps that crazy giant win an international sporting tournament cannot be nice. They have fooled the world into thinking they are safe, one day they will strike, shedding their skins across the world and thus incapacitating the human world as nobody will be able to get anywhere without slipping, bones and hips will break and none of the doctors will be able to fix them because they'd slip when they were in the operating theatre, that's if they could actually get there without falling over and breaking their own hip.

I also dislike spiders.

I'm in rehab on the sandwich issue. There are only two brands of butter that cut the mustard - so to speak - and it has to be spread thinly. Gimme thick margarine, Anchor or Lurpak and I wanna hurl.

Doctors, nurses and hospital or any medical equipment. I nearly cry just thinking about going to the doctor. I really couldn't be calmed down when I got a blood test.

Somebody hiding in my room trying to get me. I think it's because I keep having dreams where it happens (and I used to tell my sister constantly there was someone in her wardrobe, so much so I think I started to believe it myself oops)

Birds. Especially pidgeons flying low and seagulls coming too close.

Flour, especially on the top of bread.

I freak out and cant touch it. I have to wipe it off with kitchen towel or something.

Birds. Especially pidgeons flying low and seagulls coming too close.

I nearly got hit in the face by a pidgeon today. My claim to fame though was watching a pidgeon sneeze, that was amazing.

I had a fear for heights - I decided to do an abseil off a 100ft cliff - that totally fucked me up. :)

Still, although I was scared shitless, I did make it down in once piece.

I thik my greatest fear is growing old tbh - I just don't want to - despite all the benefits - no work, time to do what I want etc.

I was thinking about growing old the other day as it happens, I didn't like the thought much. I hate the fact that there are more people younger me everyday and I'm young myself by most standards! I think I'm definately midlife crisis material....The worst thing is getting to an age where you can't do what you want anymore because you aren't physically able to. That must suck. But does it happen so you notice? I suppose you don't wake up one day and suddenly can't do something anymore, it must be a slow process that you come to accept. Unless you have a stroke I suppose. Oh God I'm depressing myself now! :(

Hell girl, you must have a good ten years less than me on you - maybe more. :)

I'm guessing that it's a slow process though but I totally get where you're coming from - I see the effects of it on a daily basis and it does scare me - I don't want to end up that way at all.

I'm gonna get one of those scooters the old dears have and run the kids off the pavement, sod hobbling along on a zimmer! I think it's a God given right to be a miserable old git, when used appropriately, like embarrassing the kids at school by giving them big, wet mummsie kisses infront of their mates.

Yeah, 10 years plus change Mish! :P

Lol, a funky granny in the making - I hope I'm still around to witness it.

But seeing as you're such a young whippersnapper, I won't hold my breath. :P

Heights, Floors (it's always the floor that get's you) and Americans.

I used to hate Earwigs - as a kid having left a toy in the garden to find it full of hundreds of earwigs the next day - but I have since seen how good they are for the garden and all the nasties that they eat.

Moths... can't stand the winged basatrds...

And Grasshoppers for that matter