Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
sheswiththeband

*Festivals*

was supposed to be going to V, not sure now though!

went to homelands and rennaisance-wild in the country, gonna try and get to global gathering at the end of the month too, top line-up.

proper gettin' back into raving this year, heard some awesome music at homelands.

Glastonbury was just fab. I saw Morrissey (and was on my friends shoulders close to the front) which made my year. Groove Armada, Orbital, blah blah blah. Went to see Oasis instead of the Chemical Brothers (I know I know - I just dont know WHY????) I would so love to see Oasis again, so I could throw rotten cabbages at them - STOOOPID BORING OASIS. Orbitals rendition of Dr Who made up for everything - did ya feel it?? fek, it was good.

Quite fancied the Glade festival but at my age.........its a little too soon after Glastonbury. I may venture to Creamfields. I dont think I could ever go another V after the last disaster :unsure: but the line up looks well great.

I arrived back in Glasgow airport at 8am Friday morning (after a 17hr flight), drove down to Heysham to meet my 'friends' off the boat. I left my friends to sort things out while I was away, a poxy eighth of AFB (which they smoked while I was sleeping - well needed sleep I think) so I spent the whole time asking 'mum' if I could please make one. No pills, no thrills but a huge pile of belly ache. No camp fires, no noise after 11pm and being forced to carry a stupid Manx flag (I'm not that patriotic, nor do I approve of stupid big flags a concerts). I met you an the rock star that year but was so depressed by my company I couldn't raise much of a smile.

The only good things that happened that year was sneaking to the front of Kylie by mistake, and Ian Brown playing the same song 3-4 times (might have just been twice but I like to exaggerate) and Texas singing the song with "yeah - yeah- yeah" in (i'm still trying to think of the name of the track........inner smile??dunno cant remember - STM shot!), followed by Suspicious Minds whilst my muppet brigade were watching Tricky....who used to be really good but got somewhat 'lost' later on in his career, slight feeling of justice.

Truely the WORST festival/weekend of my life to date. These are the same friends who messed up glastonbury tix and claim I didnt recognise them at Glastonbury a few years ago - I was trying to avoid them :blink:

I am very picky about whom I share festivals with these days, mayhem and mudwizard being my favourite festie friends, I missed Gordy at Glastonbury this year he is another great person to be with.

This has turned into a confessional - therapy over, feeling much better now thanks Doctor Morris ;)

so not actually the festivals fault then!

must admit, the closing time of 2 am was a bit of a let down, but after being up and on "it" since just after breakfast each day, it meant i could slightly re-charge the batteries each night, ready for the the next session! so not all bad!

So, MissBees, would you consider another V festival or what? hahahaha as if I can keep 'my' mouth shut!

Looks like its a day trip to V for me, on the Sunday, can't fookin wait... Charlatans, Muse, Kings of Leon, Elbow, Keane and Dashboard confessional - Yipeeeeeeeee me looky looky forward me does! :D

You just couldny keep yer mooth shut cud ye? Did I say never? so maybe, perhaps i did...~ .I'm picky about whom I choose to go with, for the reasons above. Honestly I am scarred for life! but as Mr Mo pointed out it wasny V it was my company. I have to exclude Mudwands from the nightmare, he was about the only fun and unselfish person who was with us that fateful year.

Oh I so cant wait now, shame we'll miss Saturday but I've found us a nice little hotel, not too expensive :lol: who cares? its only money!

Belter amigo, we are going to have more fun than we know what to do with!

Isnt Mr Bee ace? I am the luckiest woman alive and I KNOW IT!

MrBees rocks... for sure! Anyways he knows me and you will be very well behaved young ladies once over there on the mainland, hey, we always are.... Mwoarhahahahaha, its going to be a nice wee break hun!

Yo Mo, you decided if your going to get away to that festival you were on about? Go on, go on, go on.... You know you want to!