Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Chinahand

Russian Spies

A summit between Iran Russia and Syria to decide the endgame for jihadists in idlib  and also the day the Don is due to make a speech at the UN. Nikki Haley is running the show this month. She has already stated that if chemical weapons are used then it's definitely Assad that used them. In keeping with the in-depth investigations seen with the skripals and ghouta. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/syriancivilwar/comments/9dgl6a/heres_video_of_nikki_haley_saying_this_of_the/

Edited by the stinking enigma
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

What's happening Friday?

World War 3. After it's over, tea and scones at the South Douglas Old Friends Hall.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Excellent, sounds great, cheers for the heads up. Love a good afternoon tea after a bit of war.

• Like 1

The US, France, Germany and the mighty Canada say it was the Russians too. You're looking a little isolated Stinky! 

I've mentioned before how I likes the idea that it was chapter 37 of a big spy novel when the news first broke. It'll be chapter 60 now, but we've only read 37-41 (Skripals poisoning and next couple of days news), and 50-53 and 55 (the other poisoning) and the odd paragraph or two from a few others. I'd love to read the whole thing.

Nice tweet from Salisbury cathedral's twitter page this morning. Should help tourists get to the difficult to locate cathedral.

Yeah ... though it's a bit of a shame they couldn't get a local hotel and had to travel out from London twice to see it.

They also seem to have had a lie in on the Saturday morning - not getting to the beautiful city of Salisbury until about 2:30 and sadly they decided to leave just after 4:00.  While at least on the Sunday they were able to get up early - leaving at 8 ish on the tube, but Salisbury is a long way from London and you know what Sunday trains are like - they didn't get there until nearly 12:00 and then they had to rush off at 13:50 to get to Heathrow for their flight back  going through security at 7:30.

So 1.5 hours on Saturday and just about 2 hours on Sunday.  Quite a whirlwind visit.

• Haha 1

Wasn't sure things cpuld get any more bizarre. After being assured by the daily mail that these guys had been killed by putin to tie up the loose ends, they reappear with a story that makes them look more guilty. Apart from the fact the skripals left their house at 8.50 that morning of course. 

I was in Salisbury for a couple hours two weeks ago on the way to a music festival. Walked from railway station, through town, bought some records, visited the cathedral, walked back to the railway station.

So I reckon their schedule could have looked similar, just they administered deadly poison instead of buying records. 

14 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Wasn't sure things cpuld get any more bizarre. After being assured by the daily mail that these guys had been killed by putin to tie up the loose ends, they reappear with a story that makes them look more guilty. Apart from the fact the skripals left their house at 8.50 that morning of course. 

Got a source for them leaving at 8:50 that morning Stinky?

That indisputable source the Daily Mirror disagrees - having them leaving at 1:30.  Quite a consistent time ... 

I presume somewhere there's a Scotland Yard timeline of their movements appealing for witnesses but google wasn't my friend in trying to find it.  Newspapers can be out of date and speculative, so I may be wrong ... where did you hear they were away from the early morning?  RT by any chance?