Contact Lenses

UniSol

They will be dry, so put in a couple of eye drops/saline solution or close your eyelids for a few seconds to let the tears gather. Try not to leave them in for so long in the early days, when you are a bit more proficient you will know how to handle them and your own tricks.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They stick well to a dry finger when trying to get them out.

I have used contact lenses for a couple of years, I too have an astigmatism but in one eye, my glasses have a built in prescription for it but the normal daily disposable lenses dont, I have to have some special ones made for it which is quite expensive, when I had a trial pack, I tried them out and they were so uncomfortable so I decided against them, I just use normal disposables.

My eyes tend to dry quite quickly so I have eye drops to keep the eye moist. Only wear my lenses at weekends or if I am going out, its glasses for work.

I've worn them for about a year. Usually there fine but sometimes it does hurt like hell when i put them in and if there dry when putting them in its really uncomfortable. I've got disposable monthlies for a stigmatism. I think its easier to just pull them out of my eye coz otherwise they got lost. Slept in them once and wasn't too bad.

I've worn contact lenses for twelve years, ever since I wanted a snog but realised boys are really shallow. I'm so used to wearing them now that it's as part as my daily routine as brushing my teeth, I don't even think about it. Unfortunately laser surgery isn't an option for me as my eyes are bad.

I started off wearing hard gas permeable lenses which were like putting bricks into your eyes and you had to build up your tolerence to them over a month or so. They were quite cheap compared to soft lenses and lasted well, but even after getting used to wearing them, if you so much as got a speck of dust in your eye, it felt like a brick. I can remember panicking in a crowded shop on the floor trying desperately to get the effing thing out when this happened - I always had to have a mirror handy incase this happened. I believe they still offer them to certain people in order to try to prevent their eyes from changing shape and their prescription getting worse, I can only assume they're more comfortable these days.

I moved onto dailies which were ok and now I'm on monthlies which give me a much better vision than ever before (my astigmatism is not available on the dailies). I've slept in them a few times, once for a whole night which dryed my eyes out and made the lenses break around the edge - I was only a few days into a £20 per month pair so I won't be doing that again soon.

@ puddy

How bad are your eyes?

My prescription was over -5.50 with over -2.00 of astigmatism for both eyes, and I was well within the range for LASIK treatment. Had it done in November and consider it the best £1700 I ever spent.

Optimax clinic in Manchester.

Very short sighted, I've spoken to my optician in the past and laser surgery is out of the question, although it's possible I could have lenses permanently inserted into my eyes, but I'm quite scared of this and the cost would be huge.

I'm 9.50 in one eye and 8.00 in another (sorry, I can't remember if short-sighted is + or -) and my astigmatism is 1.00 in one and 1.75 in the other. I've known about my bad eyes since I was 7, it's my bad thing.

EDIT - The above presciption is for my contact lenses. It's lower than the one I need for my glasses.

Edited by puddy

Lucky

It was probably for the best that you drank them as tap water and contact lenses do not mix! Don't ever put your contact lenses into tap water as when you go to put them back in they will hurt and burn so bad that you won't be able to open your eye enough to take them back out! Trust me, i speak from experience! As well, if you're lenses are ones that you can't sleep in ---- don't EVER sleep in them ---- you will have the same problem --- stinging so bad you can't open your eye enough to get the damn things out!!!

hehe years ago by brother was hungover,he took his contacts out of the sterilising solution and forgot to rinse them before putting them in :blink::crying: