The Last Film You Saw....

Watched Burn after Reading the other night, Coen Brothers at their dark funny best. Clooney and Pitt were great, especially Pitt (dont usually see him in that kind of role) overall a great tale.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ennio Morricone died last night. The greatest film composer of his time. This was my personal favourite film that he scored, the beautiful Cinema Paradiso. The final scene is a wonderful testament to

First Man. Not your traditional human spaceflight movie.  From the focus on grief and death, through the scary Captain Shakycam (not a criticism) flight and launch sequences it's not a popcorn mo

Hidden figures.   About the role played by gifted black women in the early days of NASA, performing mathematical calculations for space flight pre computers. So gpod that even when an IBM computer t

Posted Images

Apart from seeing one of the cast get their head blown off whilst wearing the daftest grin ever put on film, I genuinely couldn't see the point to Burn After Reading. Filed alongside No Country For Old Men in the "Coen Brothers Finally Disappear Up Their Own Arseholes" drawer.

If you want a good film, you can do worse than Teeth.

I watched Southland Tales the other night ( IMDb link ). I wanted it to be good, and persevered with it but it was utter dross. Most disappointing :(

First time I saw Southland Tales, I wasn't sure if I was watching the best or the worst film ever made. Hated some bits of it, couldn't understand what the hell was going on, but there was something about this big glossy bat-shit crazy film that I liked. I've seen it a few times now, and it's grown on me big time. And the soundtrack is superb - lots of ambient electronica linking songs by Radiohead, Muse and the Pixies.

(also - if you've seen the film but want to know more about it, there's a comic book that acts as a prequel, explains a helluva lot more than the film did)

Igor, didn't really know anything about it, just taking my boy out to see a film and that was on. Turned out to be quite fun, some dark humour and some nice tim burtonesque art but without the quality animation. Better than your average disney squeaky clean cartoon, but a very predictable kids film and not up to the quality of Nightmare before Xmas.

The villa cinema though, what a bunch of arse that is! There's a really annoying line down the centre of the screen that you can't keep your eyes off once you notice it. Pants!

The villa cinema though, what a bunch of arse that is! There's a really annoying line down the centre of the screen that you can't keep your eyes off once you notice it. Pants!

Complain. If no-one complains they won't do anything about it. I went to see Quantum of Solace at a UCI cinema recently and there were some lines down the side of the screen. I mentioned it on the way out to a staff member saying that for the money charged the picture should be flawless. The manager came over, agreed (said they'd ordered a new print), apologised and gave me a full refund. Roll on digital projectors. When are they rolling them out in this neck of the world?

Complain. If no-one complains they won't do anything about it. I went to see Quantum of Solace at a UCI cinema recently and there were some lines down the side of the screen. I mentioned it on the way out to a staff member saying that for the money charged the picture should be flawless. The manager came over, agreed (said they'd ordered a new print), apologised and gave me a full refund. Roll on digital projectors. When are they rolling them out in this neck of the world?

I could of, but it's just a shit poor cinema to be honest, and I was out with my boy.

Dames, that's not a bad film on it's own, but it's a big let down if you've read the book.

watched Chocolate last nite. This is a Thai martial arts movie in the vein of Ong Bak and Tom Yum Goong, absolutely stunning fight scenes and a few nods to martial arts stars of the past ( bruce lee and jackie chan in particular ). If you're a fan of martial arts genre or just want some kick-ass action give it a look.

Awesome!

Chocolate trailer :

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/movie-trail...oner-chocolate/

Ong Bak Trailer :

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PtNmH1KuJaA

Tom Yum Goong Trailer :

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=e4TCflpFg9A

Apart from seeing one of the cast get their head blown off whilst wearing the daftest grin ever put on film, I genuinely couldn't see the point to Burn After Reading. Filed alongside No Country For Old Men in the "Coen Brothers Finally Disappear Up Their Own Arseholes" drawer.

If you want a good film, you can do worse than Teeth.

Burn after reading was brilliant, The cohen brothers back to what they do best, it's up there with the big lebowski.

And as for teeth one of the worst films i have ever seen, turned it off after an hour, awful

Burn after reading was brilliant, The cohen brothers back to what they do best, it's up there with the big lebowski.

And as for teeth one of the worst films i have ever seen, turned it off after an hour, awful

Brilliant :D Hold on, are you my dad?