Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
jagman

The Last Film You Saw....

MI: Fallout.  Does what it says on the tin.  Plenty of facey-takey-offey moments.  Cringed at the notorious and painful roof-jumping scene.  Tom Cruise is fecking 56 and he's doing all his own stunts!!!

Ant-Man & The Wasp.  Nicely balanced half-way between "serious" superfare and Deadpool humour.

Incredibles 2.  Good quality Pixar movie.

Manchester by the Sea. Brilliantly acted drama.  Draws you in. 

On 2/11/2019 at 4:13 PM, Bobbie Bobster said:

Incredibles 2.  Good quality Pixar movie.

Have not seen that one yet but I Loved the Scene in the original Incredibles when Buddy Kidnaps Jack-Jack and Jack-Jack's Power Appear and the Baby turns into a Demon that Kicks Buddy's Ass.

There are loads of Old Movies on YouTube and I got to see 'The Wild Geese' with Richard Burton:

I thought it was a rather Stupid Spaghetti Action Movie.  I actually thought the Opening Song was rather Campy.

I liked Richard Burton better in 'Raid On Rommel'.

3X3

Edited by TheDruid-3X3

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, TheDruid-3X3 said:

Have not seen that one yet but I Loved the Scene in the original Incredibles when Buddy Kidnaps Jack-Jack and Jack-Jack's Power Appear and the Baby turns into a Demon that Kicks Buddy's Ass.

There are loads of Old Movies on YouTube and I got to see 'The Wild Geese' with Richard Burton:

I thought it was a rather Stupid Spaghetti Action Movie.  I actually thought the Opening Song was rather Campy.

I liked Richard Burton better in 'Raid On Rommel'.

3X3

Explain what you meant by "Campy".

Never heard anything sung by Joan Armatrading described as camp before. I thought it was a good song too.

One thing I can say about Wild Geese is that the Scene when the Plane takes off and Abandons the Commando Team reminds me of the Scene from Rambo 2 when the Helicopter takes off leaving Rambo with the POW behind.

I guess Sylvester Stallone stole the Idea for that Scene from Wild Geese.

3X3 

• Like 1

Motley Crue: The Dirt (released straight to Netflix last weekend).

Not sure what to make of the movie, other than it's not a patch on the book!

I've just watched Stan and Ollie on DVD. It was marvellous. I don't like Steve Coogan as Alan Partridge but I think he was born for the role as Stan Laurel. I found both of Stan & Ollie's wives,  Lucille and Ida somewhat annoying. They could've formed their own double act - Munchkin and Meerkat.

Laurel & Hardy perform their number 1 hit single "The Lonesome Pine".  Locally, Norman Wisdom's name is mentioned twice.

Just been to see Toy Story 4.

Funny film with some touching moments. Well worth seeing :thumbsup:

Spotlight.  Wordy, slow, but brilliant portrayal of the Boston Globe's Spotlight team of journalists uncovering the systematic protection of pedophilic priests preying on children in the Boston Catholic Church. 

• Like 1

So nobody posts anything for ten weeks until I post what I had just watched, then people wake up.

I enjoyed Spotlight too China. Thought it should've been a bit longer really, as it had a bigger story to tell. Michael Keaton is always good in anything.

Watched an old early 70s classic last night. The Friends of Eddie Coyle with Robert Mitchum. Hadn't seen it since I was a teenager. Great crime thriller; really authentic, moody and full of atmosphere. This was a great era for independent American cinema and Mitchum was at his best here.

Can also recommend a fantastic South Korean film I saw a week or so ago. Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring... Beautiful stuff that I won't forget in a hurry. 

• Like 1