Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Cret

Hosepipe Ban - Is There One Yet?

Anyone know if there is currently one in force here?

Seems like they tend to be most of the year round now, but I'm not sure where you check.

And I'm assuming that a garden sprinkler counts as being a 'hose'......

Cheers

Well there's no announcement on there saying there is/has been a restriction since that notice so it all looks good.

Ta very much. :)

Sulby dam has 2 1/2 years supply for the whole island sitting there so hose pipe bans are a joke.

have we not had enough rain over the last 6 months ?

In the past, the hosepipe bans were needed because the water board didn't have enough capacity to treat and distribute the water. We've always had shitloads of the stuff sitting in the reservoirs, just not drinkable.

Do you actually drink the stuff ?

i have been drinking bottled water for years because i don't like drinking water that tastes like a swimming pool.

I think the stuff out of the taps tastes fine.

And you don't notice the occasional discolouration when it's a glass full rather than a bathful!

Do you actually drink the stuff ?

i have been drinking bottled water for years because i don't like drinking water that tastes like a swimming pool.

Buy yourself a jug filter or get a filter plumbed into your kitchen tap and you'll save a fortune over the bottled shite.

I think the stuff out of the taps tastes fine.

And you don't notice the occasional discolouration when it's a glass full rather than a bathful!

One of my fussy mates insists on drinking bottled water (at nearly £2 a go in some pubs) because he says 'it tastes better'. One afternoon, everytime it was my round I asked for a pint of tap water and he didn't notice the difference at all. Try it sometime (or filling their water bottle from a tap) - they won't notice especially if it's cold!

We have some of the cleanest and purest domestic water going. This is the Isle of Man not Dellybellystania.

If people said 50 years ago that pubs would be selling bottled water in the UK at near enough the price of a pint they wouldn't have believed it. Bottled water is the biggest con going. They'll be selling us fresh air next! - imported from the South of France or somewhere.

But what makes me really larf - is the number of people that ask for bottled water and then add ice - made from the domestic supply - Duh!

There is a point to drinking bottled water - since the stuff from the taps sometimes smells and tastes of chlorine.

EDIT: unless that changed

A decent activated charcoal filter removes a very high percentage of chorine from the water though (high 90s percentage wise), making it cheaper per litre than bottled water.

dont think theres a ban on yet, shouldnt make a differance anyway as pressurewashers are exempt!

Are they? Dad got a threatening letter from the water board for using his during a hosepipe ban.

Well when there is a hose pipe ban on i sometimes go around the house turning all the taps on for an hour and frantically flussing the toilet.

i know its naughty but i cannot help myself :lol:

i once went out and left the outside tap on all day and got the wife to slap my legs when i got home :rolleyes:

What fun :lol:

Edited by Roger Smelly

A decent activated charcoal filter removes a very high percentage of chorine from the water though (high 90s percentage wise), making it cheaper per litre than bottled water.

dont think theres a ban on yet, shouldnt make a differance anyway as pressurewashers are exempt!

Are they? Dad got a threatening letter from the water board for using his during a hosepipe ban.

there was a sign in B&Q by the pressure washers to that effect