Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
ourtess

Is It Time For The Iom To Become Part Of England?

Kev, please read the posts properly before you get on your....

post-3388-1180429931_thumb.jpg

Please, let's be reasonable - those poor souls in the UK have lived under the rule of Mr Blair for 10 years. They have been given a totally new definition of the word 'facts.'

One MP, constituency of Isle of Man for Westminster.

I vote for Kevin to be parachuted in to be MP. Al credentials are perfect.

Whoosh!

Edit - that's the kind of knee-jerk reaction we should expect from someone who clearly doesn't read or understand threads.

I think it's as clear as day, that I was quoting a reply to lurk, and not the whole thread :)

However, twist things as you wish, as seems the norm on this forum ??

Kev

Heh. You still don't get it? He's not talking about existing tourists, he's talking about a hypothetical future Manx tourist industry made up entirely of smokers. If you actually read the thread you might have realised that. But in your case, probably not.

Edited by Mr. Sausages

I think it's as clear as day, that I was quoting a reply to lurk, and not the whole thread :)

maybe you need to read the whole thread next time to appreciate the context in which these things are said then.

Whoosh!

Edit - that's the kind of knee-jerk reaction we should expect from someone who clearly doesn't read or understand threads.

Kev

Lurks response was in response to a post by Lonan3, which in turn was in response to a post by Rhumsaa.

I would never wish to be part of the UK and feel we are in the right place to get a balance of benefits but it pains me with how slowly we move legislation through

That smoking ban could have come in last year or even 2/3 years ago when the writing was on the wall, we would have ben forerunners to the law instead of backwards and a year out of date again

Or, if we wanted to underline our 'difference,' we could ignore such nanny-state legislation altogether and use it as a tourist incentive. :)

See now, champ?

What's more feasible?

That lurk was posting that he didn't want the Island to be presented as a haven for smokers because it would lead to a higher level of unpleasantness for non smokers across the Island due to the influx of tourists smoking smelly, foul cigarettes all over the place

or

that he thinks all tourists are smelly and dirty, which is what your rant was about

eh? eh?

What's more feasible?

That lurk was posting that he didn't want the Island to be presented as a haven for smokers because it would lead to a higher level of unpleasantness for non smokers across the Island due to the influx of tourists smoking smelly, foul cigarettes all over the place

or

that he thinks all tourists are smelly and dirty, which is what your rant was about

eh? eh?

Nail hit Squarely on the head :)

I accept that had I read further back, I might have not responded as I did, but thats in the main due to the negativity I see on here towards the TT and visitors in general. Not by all members may I add, but it is very evident from a variety of threads and posts.

Mind, I don't think for one minute the IOM would be singled out as a holiday venue just because it didn't have the smoking ban in place. Smoking will be with you whatever, until you bring in the same laws as the UK are doing in a months time!

Kev

Edited by End2EndRider

All tourists are wrongheaded idiots with stupid faces. This is an undeniable FACT based on Kevin 'M' being their internet representative.

All tourists are wrongheaded idiots with stupid faces. This is an undeniable FACT based on Kevin 'M' being their internet representative.

So I back track and accept I got it wrong to a degree, but you my friend will just not let it go will you?

I'm not representing anyone here. I came to this forum over a topic that was so distasteful, that it was subsequently removed.

I read through various other threads and postings, and decided to stay on and contribute. Isn't that what Forums are for ??

However, this free world that we live in doesn't seem to apply according to you Mr Sausage :)

Kev

So I back track and accept I got it wrong to a degree, but you my friend will just not let it go will you?

I'm not representing anyone here. I came to this forum over a topic that was so distasteful, that it was subsequently removed.

I read through various other threads and postings, and decided to stay on and contribute. Isn't that what Forums are for ??

However, this free world that we live in doesn't seem to apply according to you Mr Sausage :)

Kev

Oh, and for the record, I'm not a tourist as you pointed out, but a visitor. I visit the TT during June, and friends the other times of the year. I also visit my family roots in Santon!!

Oh please dont tell me you are going to continue to visit & post here after TT? Please go back to what ever forum you crawled out from.

I came to this forum over a topic that was so distasteful, that it was subsequently removed.

Can we just clear this up for the last time, the original poster himself deleted the topic. It wasn't our decision and we were under no pressure to do so and had no intention of removing it. Any sort of smug victory you, or anyone else really for that matter, claim is utterly baseless. Why he removed it? You'd have to ask him but to suggest that it was removed on the grounds of poor taste by us (which is what you're no doubt implying and also no doubt crowing about elsewhere) is wrong.

Now please, start reading threads before jumping two footed into them.