Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
lurk

Yamsey

I keep on hearing of a place on the Isle of Man called Yamsey.

It was irritating at first although it is starting to grow on me the more people ask me where it is.

Yamsaa!

Could it originate from iomtt.com, where a Yamsey Festival was mentioned repeatedly?

yamseybp5.gif

drive into the town and you can't miss the giant sign saying "welcome to Yamsey"

Why, is it magnetic? That's all we need in TT week. Giant magnetic signs causing even more road accidents.

yeah that is quite a good one

Yamsaa is my fave

Perhaps Rudge should have adopted Douglas (Rudgelas). Or perhaps they don't make bikes any more.

I can't remember which was last built, a Rudge or Noahs Ark?

What about Kawasaki adopting Laxey, KAXEY, yep, real nice ring to that name. :unsure:

Kawasaxey would be better

Sulbziki?

Ballagusta?

But you get the gist, there could have been many opportunties for twinning with various towns and villages that would have given a really full programme of events all over the island.

Yeah but then it'd be over the top and gimmicky

it's not just the name Yamaha are really "going to town" with this idea and have a lot of things going on around the place with stunt teams and guest appearances from WSB riders - all sorts

It's just a shame that it takes a Japanese bike manufacturer to pump some money into the north as our own government can't!

Well, gimmicky or not, a co-ordinated programme of events with themes all around the island could have worked, even to have a no bike day, say, at Port Erin, where bikes are excluded from the centre and with lots of things going on on the sea front. Perhaps a Viking raiders party with a few beach barbecues.

There were a few impromptu events like the German brunch day on Mad Sunday at Castletown, but these were not organised by DTL. Not enough of the joined up festival thinking.

I know it is easy to be wise after the event, but then we are not paid to make these things work.