Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
spermann

So Which Is The Best Beer Tent Then?

While I agree that Bushys has the best atmosphere, and the majority share of the bikers and old timers...

I like the fact that at the Outback tent you can have your own space with your mates and have a chat without being constantly shoved/moved aside as people make their way by.

I can't say I've smelled vomit at Bushy's, and I have been down there most days over the past couple of weeks. However, spilled beer, 2000 bodies crammed together, biker-campers, and associated beer breath does have a unique odour. Anything like someone up-chucking is dealt with quickly by the staff (cleaning up) and anyone throwing up would be outside of the area as soon as he/she started doing so - as the place is crawling with security staff. The normal rules apply at Bushy's as at any pub i.e. people who are too drunk won't get served.

The tent has become part of the atmosphere and culture of the TT over the past 10 years. If you don't like it then there are many other places to go for a drink.

I felt a bit gouged when I paid £3 for a pint of Fosters at the OB/Duke tent and £2.75 for Becks a few minutes later in Bushy's... the OB one's a bit easier on your head in the afternoon, but I'd want the Bushy's atmosphere and prices at night :)

had a couple of pints of Bushy's own on monday night, very pleasant, as long as you get up the end away from the 'noise' ;)

noticed this on the webcam, must be very noisy up that end of the tent !

post-1026-1181300361_thumb.jpg

They only have Fosters at the OB tent, so its Bushys all the way with pints of Becks and the stickiest floor since the Hawiian Bar circa 1977

£3.00 a pint in both tents.

Bargain.

So Busheys has the TT brand, the Villa tent gets you served quicker if you are in urgent need of a beer...

Stupid question really - as if that 'Century Tent' could match the Mighty Bushys!!

As for the prices!!

Bushys Century

Lager £2.85 £3.00

Basic Bitter £2.20 £3.00

Guest Ales £2.50 ????

I really don't get this , two tents on douglas prom, both supplying different beers , one with live music , one a bit quieter ...

IMO both served the customers in the way they set out too ...

This "mines better than yours" is crap. I'm glad there was a choice , i drank in both tents this TT and had a great time in both , lets hope there is two to choose from next year.