What Happend At The Gooseneck?

Billy One Mate

From EnergyFM news @11.30

Names of crash victims released

The names of the other victims of yesterday's crash at the 26th milestone have been released.

Dean Adrian Jacob, a 33 year old security engineer from Kiddeminsterwas confirmed dead at the scene.

Gregory John Kenzig, 52, a retired engineer from Queensland, Australia was confirmed dead after admission to Noble's hospital.

Two marshals, Hillary Beryl Musson, 60, of Ballaugh and Janice Anne Philips, from Ramsey were also involved in the incident.

Ms Philips' condition is described as stable.

Ms Musson is in a critical condtion.

Ms Musson is in a critical condtion.

Hilary's conditiion has now been stabilised, sustained fractures to both her legs, but no chest or head injuries, but she's likely to be in ITU for a few days.

She's raced the TT on many occasions without incident, but this was her first time Marshalling

Edited by StuartT

Is it like this in other small communitites?

I've heard some horrible, horrible rumours this past couple of weeks, ones that made me spit with anger, and strangely none of which turned out to be true. Who comes up with them? How do their heads work?

Sorry, it just makes me soooooooo angry!

Huge condolences to all involved.

Edited by sarahc

Any news on what actually happened yet

Even as a child you were never very good at knowing when to keep your trap shut. You don't seem to have learned a thing.

Remove your post please.

Beckett only asked a question... :blink:

Cripes!

Thanks Mupster, I'm actually astonished that it's been deleted. Certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. Whatever's happened it's a serious safety issue, I'm totally baffled as to what's wrong with discussing this - I certainly hope posts discussing RTAs in the future will be treated the same and deleted. Next the Police will be getting accused of being disrespectful for conducting an investigation and Adrian Earnshaw will be stoned for having held a press conference.

As for Roxanne - what on earth are you going on about?

It wasn't deleted - it's just invisible for now. I hope people agree that there's very little use in spreading rumours about what exactly has happened - as someone said in another thread, it's "electronic rubber necking" - the facts will be revealed soon enough, and then it will be appropriate to discuss what happened and how to prevent it from happening again.

It wasn't deleted - it's just invisible for now. I hope people agree that there's very little use in spreading rumours about what exactly has happened - as someone said in another thread, it's "electronic rubber necking" - the facts will be revealed soon enough, and then it will be appropriate to discuss what happened and how to prevent it from happening again.

Fair doos - sorry again!

Totally agree. Whether it was deleted or it is invisible for the moment I can not see any reason why. I am not in favour of the TT as I have written many times previously as I whilst I enjoy the atmosphere I do not believe the death toll is acceptable. It now seems that it almost believed that if nobody mentions it then it can be ignored.

I am not for wicked rumour, uninformed speculation etc but neither am I for almost the complete informal ban on any discussion. Nobody forced the rider to take part and they know the risk as we are informed on many occasions and yes we need to be sensitive in any discussion but the viliviaction of anybody doing so I find deplorable.

There was no reason for deleting his comment! All that was asked was if there was any info as to what had actually happened?
Edited by Lost Login

There was no reason for deleting his comment! All that was asked was if there was any info as to what had actually happened?

The other posters have not quoted everything that he said originally.

Anyway, he's apologised (twice!) so I think we can just move on please.