Manxforums.com - Important Updates

Yes, Well done & thanks to John & Uni & Tearz too..

Ans said

I think the key word is unneccesary. The policy has always been that foul language shouldn't be gratuitous

Unisol said

I don't see the need for most of the 'foul' language on here, I want to increase the user-base, not turn users away due to unnecessary profanity.

I disagreed with the removal of the swear filter in 2005 and honestly cannot understand that foul language is ever necessary.

It isn't as though it just slipped out as it may do in speech. Typing expletives takes effort so it's use is deliberate.

Terms and Conditions state

10. Manxforums.com is subject to, and complies with the Data Protection Legislation of the Isle of Man. It is not required to notify.

Notify what?

Terms and Conditions state

• Manxforums is for the exchange of views, information and opinions in a friendly non judgemental atmosphere.

Bless ;-)

You used to have to register as a data user, now you notify your use. MF is in an exempted category of voluntary organisations. So it complies with the legislation evenj although it is not required to notify the data protection registrar that it keeps personal data

I would just like to add my thanks to John Wright, as well as UniSol, Tearz and all the Mods.

ManxForums has given me a lot of pleasure over the last couple of years. I have found it both informative and funny in equal measures

Exactly what I wanted to say.

...and me.

Plus MF makes life far more enjoyable - especially when you are travelling away from the island all the time - and for manx expats living far afield.

I've met three forum members on this trip back - and was sorry I missed the MF birthday bash - because if others are similar it really is a good and genuine crowd. I hope to get to the next do - whenever that might be.

You do have to be careful on what you post. I have heard several things that I was tempted to post about, but because they were not confirmed, I always have held back. Posting on here is just the same as shouting down Strand Street, but sometimes I think people can forget that this is a public forum and not a private chat area. I think it's always a good policy to confirm things first and to believe that people are always innocent before guilty.

Great work, many thanks to John Wright, UniSol, Tearz and all the Mods. I'd probably be driven even further round the bend, with boredom if this site was no more.

Before I posted this I thought I'd best subscribe. This is my first post as a subscriber, never thought my name would go from blue to yellow in seconds!

Keep up the fine work.

Also "No obscenities"? A search of '****' shows 15 pages of results, including a few instances from one of the mods today. Can we say **** or not?

I don't see the need for most of the 'foul' language on here, I want to increase the user-base, not turn users away due to unnecessary profanity.

So this signature is OK then?

As it happens, no, and thanks for bringing it to our attention...

Any time.

...but please get off the anti-swearing bandwagon, it's boring.

Maybe to you. Not to me.

And just to be clear, I don't 'DO' bandwagons.