Spam messages. Please stop reporting messages from Orange 15, Ivsa and Pupyh. They’ve been banned. ×

Mobile Phone Go Accounts

any1 know naything about the message when your checking your account balance. it says " your account balance £... and your account will remain active until monday 13 june 2005".. Its not just me seems to be the same with evry1 ive asked. Any1 shed some light on whats happening?

I think that if you have no credit on your phone for a while (think it could be 60 days or something) then they disconnect the number.

Had that happen to me a while ago!

At least if that what the message means then they are giving you a warning.

When you buy a £10 voucher it used to entitle you to 6 months line usage from the time the top up was entered.

Due to some miserable sods moaning because they didn't use the phones and the 6 months expired, Manx Telecom now start counting the six months from the last time the phone was used.

I assume that if you dial out or send an SMS, the "active until" date will change accordingly.

i have just put some money on my phone today and i'm still being told my account will remain active till the 25 August 2005! i looked on the manx pronto website and it just sounds like its something to do with credit running out. U can also get the same info by pressing *#143# and the green button on your mobile! its all very strange! i've not seen anything like it before!!

Due to some miserable sods moaning because they didn't use the phones and the 6 months expired, Manx Telecom now start counting the six months from the last time the phone was used.

I was one of those.

I objected because I don't want to have to buy a new sim card every time I return to the IoM.

£20 per year to "reserve" your number? Not much of a hardship considering that the line is kept active for that period.

I am a rare user, I too had my phone switched off after 6 months with credit still on the phone. No big deal.

Manx Telecom were saying that to switch on a phone and have the line open for six months at no cost to the user was a drain on the finite quantity of number permutations. Anyway they have given in to public pressure and the line stays active as long as you send a single SMS every 5 months 29 days.

The reason I got 'GO' was because I only wanted to receive calls for free, no monthly fees.

I've probably gone 4 months with out a top-up, not 6. :P

Does that mean you are one of those people who ring your phone and hang up so you have to ring them back?

Nope, that's my girlfriend. Pranks me but call the rest of the world.