Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
ccm

1970s Isle Of Man Film

Remember the Saturday afternoons you spent at the cinema in the IOM in the 70s? Children's Film Foundation, cartoons, the invisible dragon etc. Well does anyone recall seeing a CFF type film set in the IOM and featuring a boy and a girl. I remember one scene when they were by Newson's on the Quay in Douglas. It would've been mid-1970s.

Does this ring a bell with anyone else?

Remember the Saturday afternoons you spent at the cinema in the IOM in the 70s? Children's Film Foundation, cartoons, the invisible dragon etc. Well does anyone recall seeing a CFF type film set in the IOM and featuring a boy and a girl. I remember one scene when they were by Newson's on the Quay in Douglas. It would've been mid-1970s.

Danger Point

56 mins Eastman Colour

Three irresponsible teenagers borrow a yacht belonging to the local Sea Scouts and run out of fuel. They hoist the sail in an endeavour to stop the boat drifting on to the notoriously dangerous Bradda Head, but find themselves in even greater trouble in the shape of a sea-mine.

Made by Damor Productions Ltd. Produced and directed by John Davis. Original Screenplay by Patricia Latham.

With: Raymond Hoskins, Veronica Purnell, lan Gibson, John Hicks, John Poore, Bernard Lee, Sidney Tafler, Hattie Jacques.

Thank you very much. Certain memories have come back now especially the mine bit.

Now how do we get hold of a copy to watch?

The film was shown at the Manx Museum about 10 years ago along with some tourist films from a past era. The place was packed out too.

Not a particularly good film but it was a great novelty to see part of the Island at the pictures.

*******WOW FLASHBACK*********

Kids making hovercrafts from plywood and magic glue???

Scotch kid catching giant salmon with his hands??

Every kid wearing the same grey jumper !!!!

Moral of the story is !" Don't mix Lager and painkillers"