Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Abortion....

Do You believe that a woman has the right to choose whether or not to have a baby or do You feel that life is life no matter what?

Not too sure why you keep capitalising the the y in you...or perhaps you were directing the question to a higher plane?

Pure slip of the qwerty board.... nothing to do with reaching for a grey sky.... what is your view?

A Woman has the right to choose.

Imagine telling a rape victim she has to give birth if she conceives

I don't feel that abortion should be encouraged as a form of contraception, people should be a bit more sensible in the first place, after all free birth control is available on the Island!

However if a woman is carrying a severely disabled baby, then I have no problems at all if her partner and herself agree to a termination.

Imagine telling a rape victim she has to give birth if she conceives

Even worse...

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle2148165.ece

I have to say that there a very few 'rapists' who go through the courts to get access to the kids they have been a party to.

And you know this how?

Whilst we are on this topic, can a women have an abortion on the island or does she still have to travel to England?

I agree with Matty, I think extra care should be taken to avoid unwanted pregnancies, but at the same time if the unborn child was a result of a rape or going to be severely disabled I think termination is the answer.

And you know this how?

Only as well as you do..... or what you believe what you read in the papers.

And you know this how?

What I know or dont know is irrelevant. I'm asking for your evidence to back up your statement. If it's your opinion that it is the case, then that's fine but you've stated it as an absolute fact.

And you know this how?

What I know or dont know is irrelevant. I'm asking for your evidence to back up your statement. If it's your opinion that it is the case, then that's fine but you've stated it as an absolute fact.

Show me the evidence that this woman was raped.... I am not interested in whether you belive 45p tabloids..... you base your opinion on their comments and have no facts at all to back their claim as the 'rapist' neither went before a court or was convicted.

My original statement was tongue in cheek but you choose to play with words..... like you believe all you read in the Sunday Sport.

What you know or don't know is relevant as you might just doing your usual. In any case if you're that bothered go and research it for yourself you lazy git.

I'm a bloke so in theory any choice I make would have to be with a partner. To me that's a completely different scenario from a pregnant lady on her own so I'll have to take the cop-out "depends on the circs".