Filmmakers On The Isle Of Man

I happened to be one of those 50 people representing the Isle of Man at the Monaco Yacht Show this year and myself, along with the other IOM exhibitors, were proud to be there promoting the island. People are really starting to take notice of our little island, and not only from the perspective of what IOM registration benefits are on offer.

Just to clarify, the IOM Govt were represented by all of 4 people. Hardly over egging the pudding.

I happened to be one of those 50 people representing the Isle of Man at the Monaco Yacht Show this year and myself, along with the other IOM exhibitors, were proud to be there promoting the island. People are really starting to take notice of our little island, and not only from the perspective of what IOM registration benefits are on offer.

Although your first statement is grammatically rather ambiguous, what other perspectives are being noticed?

Although your first statement is grammatically rather ambiguous, what other perspectives are being noticed?

Hey keyboarder, I am sure there used to be a character like you in Viz

Was it Roger Irrelevant ?

Is it just me or has the Manx film industry gone quiet?

Going by Variety Magazine it is being rationalised

It used to be like this

The Isle of Man has unveiled a £25 million ($35 million) media development fund to attract big-budget films to shoot on the island.

The Isle of Man is a self-governing island in the Irish Sea, between England and Ireland. It already invests around $10 million a year in low-budget movies, providing up to 25% of the cost of a movie.

Recent projects shot on the island include Tim Fywell's "I Capture the Castle" and Thaddeus O'Sullivan's "The Heart of Me."

The new fund will be used both to invest in films and to build infrastructure to support a higher production volume on the island.

now it is going to be
Blighty has a major new film company -- bankrolled by a tiny island in the midst of the Irish Sea.

After a dozen years of backing movies such as "Miss Potter" and "Mutant Chronicles," the Isle of Man government has changed course and plunged its entire $106 million film fund into a production venture launched by a quartet of the most experienced execs in the British film industry.

the 2nd quote was published in August and it says something about Steve Christian who will be in charge of the money is decended from manx pirate Fletcher Christian.

I love the fact that because the show was on in Monaco some people think that its a jolly! Monaco is a shit hole...it may be frequented by the glamorous but the place itself is a hovel.

Once you have done 3 days on a stand in Monaco you will review the "gamourous" tag pretty quickly.....besides the same faces will have been at Southampton and Dusseldorf this year...bet you arent all queueing up to get there though are you!!!!

Oh yes. After the cold, rain and lazy winds of the IOM that Mediterranean climate must have been just pure hell. And what with over 100 excellent restaurants in an area less the size of Douglas I'll bet the talk in the hotel jacuzzi was all worry over which establishment to take your all expenses paid meal in that evening. Let alone which club to finish off in! Mind you, Monaco and the IOM are similar in that they were both on the same OECD blacklist.

I wonder about exhibitions as in my experience Billy Bunters don't tend to arrive waving their chequebooks. The exception being Dusseldorfs Dreaded Drupa. But even the Altstadt gets boring after a few weeks. However it's always a good laugh to see which corporate umbrella the industry villains are operating under this year - same old faces just a different flag of convenience. Answering the same stupid questions whilst doing the same demo tour gets tedious as well but it sure beats working for a living....