Iom Gov Tourism Photo Competition 2007 ?

Tourism Photo Competition 2007  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The subject of Isle of Tourism 2007 photographic competition came up in the pub last night.

Da Pook didn't enter, far too lazy, but who won it? It's usually in the papers, but I missed it and there is nothing on the website?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

They certainly dont seem to go off the best photo.

Just to edit: I havent seen anything of this years competition my opinion is based on the 2005 competition. Which was so ridiculous it was untrue.

Edited by spanna
Errrmm can anyone point me to the winning entries?

The best people for judging photographs are in general terms Joe Public, so can anyone point me to them?

Last 10

So, were these images ever published in the local media like they are normally? I don't always buy the local papers as there is never that much in there apart from government press releases, Mrs Kelly's missing cat and yet another huge cheque presented to charity (not as if there is nothing wrong in giving to charity - I am all for it, but self promotion is nother matter).

Come on Tourism department, update your website with the winners, and perhaps some of those that didn't quite make it so we can judge for ourselves.

Editied for daft typos!

Edited by Pook
Andrew North won it again.....his Dad is David North(was he an MHK?) so I supect there is a bit of nepotism going on,as usual. The whole competition is rigged.

What an absolute crock of shit.

Indeed. The work I've seen of Andy's has been excellent; if you don't like the judges' decision that's fair enough, but to complain that it's all a big conspiracy? Please.

Andrew North won it again.....his Dad is David North(was he an MHK?) so I supect there is a bit of nepotism going on,as usual. The whole competition is rigged.

You total knob. Lose, did you?

Intresting. I actually entered a couple of slides into the 2007 competition, but never heard anything nor got my stock back.

So, if Mr North bagged the big one, who won the seven categories with £500 up for grabs in each one.

Mrs MCH gets all the locals and I don't remember seeing the results in any of the papers. They usually make a bit of fuss or have the results been officially released yet as it's usually all done and dusted by now?

Edited by Major Chip Hazzard
I'm sure Mr North won't mind you looking at his photos - http://www.pbase.com/andynorth

If he has won it's because his photos are better than everyone elses.

In all fairness he has got some stunning images on pbase :)

I suppose the thing is Tango everyone usually believes that the judges are never right or the referee in a football match is usually a tosser, I havent seen the images that has been won but no matter what, he has won them and in all honesty if they are like the images on pbase he deserves to win.

Calling Major Chip Hazard :D

Last 10

Having looked at www.pbase.com/andynorth it doesn't look like Andrew North needes any help from his Dad in winning photographic competitions...anyway it seems to be a public vote to decide the winner (I suppose that will be rigged by ex MHK's eh Smithy?)...please.

Sounds like you never got picked in the playground smithy and you probably work in a job that your relatives helped you get...