Well Done England!

Survivor

Well, it's a sorry day down here in the place we like to call Godzone.

Who would've thought the english would beat the aussies, and without a single try as well - crikey! And who would've thought the All Blacks would've been knocked out in the quarter finals - shocking and shameful.

We could've played better admittedly, and the French defence was outstanding, but if anyone knows the address of that bent retarded ref, then let me know - because without a doubt, we would still be in with a chance if it wasn't for 3 incredibly dodgy calls.

Am I bitter? Of course I bloody am! But I'm sure i'll get over it, and be all gobby again by the next world cup!

So, who's going to win now?

SA V Fiji - would love Fiji to make it, but think the boks have the experience over them

Argentina v Scotland - think Argentina have a good chance

So it's a guessing game for me now. I would love for Fiji to win the whole thing - what a coup that would be (a different coup than they are used to that's for sure!)

So, good luck to all the remaining teams!

As we've already seen that the teams from the southern hemisphere are no-hopers, the South Africa v Argentina game is pretty much an irrelevance as the winners of France v England will go on to win the tournament. (Not that I really care as its a very silly game played with with a misshapen ball)

PS. Nice to know you're still with us, Survivor. :)

Well Wilkinson put a couple of late kicks on target but he far from won it for England. The forwards were immense tonight and they certainly won it for England. Wilkinson had a poor game by his standards.

Really physical rugby. Not pretty, but with the close score line it was an edge of your seat match. Bloody hell - could England do it again?

I'm really looking forward to the Argentina, SA match. Argentina have been such a wild card through out this tournament - can you imagine it if they got some early points and unsettled SA.

Now I've said that it'll be 50-nil to the Ammabokoboko!

Wilkinson may have kicked poorly by his standards,don't see how you can say he had a poor game.His tackle on Pelous [not sure if thats the right spelling]put him out of the game and meant that Chabal had to come on a lot earlier than planned.He then had to scrummage for a lot longer and mean't he didn't come on later against tired players and run riot.

Wilkinson is the complete player he may not be the best at running, passing, or even kicking but he is close to the best at all of these but his all round game and the obvious confidence he inspires in his team mates,makes him the best[at least in my eyes]I bet New Zealand wish they had him in the last 10 mins against France in the Quarter finals.

Come on England

I'm not disputing that Wilkinson is a world class player I just though by HIS standards it wasnt as good as the headlines in the morning will make out. He was class against Australia. Today though his kicking was a little off and his passing wasnt as good as it could of been. That said he got the points at the end of the game that were crucial.

The forwards though were absolutely magnificent especially in the 2nd half, they were right in the faces of the french and turned the ball over brilliantly. They won us the game in my opinion.

England seem to fill a gap in rugby. A group of totally unappealing characters play poorly to start with, get written off, play the game in a dour uninspiring manner, are whinny in defeat, graceless in victory, but somehow find themselves in final. Yes England are to Rugby what Germany are to Football.

Forwards always win games there isn't a team in world rugby who is any good without a strong forward pack,just look at the Welsh or maybe don't bother.lol

Forwards only win when someone is putting them in the right places at the right time to take advantage,his 40 meter drop goal meant that france had to score a try to win and they just couldn't cope!

Although i played prop forward i'm not too blind to see that without one J Wikinson England wouldn't have even got to the knockout stages.

The forwards were immense tonight and they certainly won it for England.

You must have been watching a different game to us. The forward play was poor. It was France's lack of invention around the ruck that cost them the game.

However, the real rugby game was played at 6pm and Leeds were magnificent.

You are not the only one, but in the end I am not sure I wanted either team to win as they both seemed to be trying not to loose the agme rather than trying to win it. I can understand it from England who are a limited side but from France it potentially cost them the game. I am sure if you are an England supporter it was an exciting and tense game. But that was down to the closeness and tigtness of the game. For the neutral there was precious little to be entertained by and I write as somebody who enjoys rugby.

Since the group stages part from New Zealand and Fiji who both lost, and also possibly South Africa against Fiji the sides appear to have gone into the games trying not to loose rather than trying to win which is not making for great viewing for the neutral. I discount Australia from the critisism as they were so destroyed up front it was hard to tell.

I am now hoping for a South African victory as I think an England or Argentinian would be bad for rugby as a sport. I would be prefer attacking rather than defensive sides to win. For this reason I was dissappointed by New Zealand.

In case I am accused of prejudice I do support any of the sides I have mentioned.

Gutted. I wanted France to win.