Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
ans

Lost Season 4 Us Viewers Thread

Well, others should stay out of the thread until they've watched it! Like I have.

I thought it was an interesting episode. I nearly dropped my cup of tea when Locke asked Ben what the smoke monster was. For a moment I thought we might get a real answer. I had to facepalm at the result though.

It's also blown out the theory that Miles was the eye in the cabin. He wasn't on the Island at that point when Hurley saw it so we'll see.

I think it was pretty obviously a flashback personally. Jack was told about the discovery of the fake 815 plane back when he was being held on the water station so it was nice for them to show more on this but it also firmly places all the helicopter team in the past with their flashbacks. There's obviously a lot happened in between what we saw and them landing on the Island though.

Two big questions the episode raised. What the fuck the Dharma polar bear was doing in the desert? I didn't recognise that symbol either so that's a whole new plot element! And who is Ben's man on the boat. I have a suspicion it might be Michael. I don't know why, but I said it as the LOST appeared on the screen and I have witnesses! :)

It's definitely picked up the pace though, liking this season so far.

I'm pretty sure it is Michael on the boat. We all know he is back for this series and being on the boat is the most obvious explanation.

The symbol on the polar bear's collar was the hydra (a quick pause on Sky HD showed it clearly) but why the hell it was in the desert who knows.

Also interesting to see Ben's face when Hurley said Jacob's cabin was in the other direction. I think this is going to be significant in weeks to come.

Finally, what of the four who arrived on the Island. At least one should have been on the plane. Can we expect to see links with the other 3 in weeks to come?

Oh, and the writer's strike should be coming to an end on Wednesday. Looks like we may possibly get all 16 episodes this year after all. Huzzah

Fucking brilliant so far. Lost is by far the best american TV series out there. The writing is genius. Cant wait for the next episode.

I thought taht this Ep was going to slow down the pace, what with the introduction of new characters and back stories etc., yet there was enough in there to keep the grey cells ticking over.

Was intrigued by Miles' comment that the corpse of Naomi was just "meat"...reinforcing the idea that the Island has some impact the usual definitions of the dead/the living.

And I am sure the CS Lewis reference is just a major red herring....

Keep it up!

Ok, so I rewatched it last night and had a few more thoughts, particularly about the new arrivals. I'm actually going to dub them the Answers Group. At least three of them have qualities that will allow them to answer three of the principle schools of questions.

• Miles Straume (Maelstrom lol) - Tangible, evidenced psychic abilities. Will allow him to talk to the dead, and communicate with the backward talking spirits on the Island.
  • Charlotte Staples Lewis (CS Lewis lol) - Archaelogist and female Indiana Jones! Can answer many of the mythology questions, perhaps the temple and the big foot with the missing toe. Perhaps she'll be useful if we revist the Black Rock too, although this is more contemporary history you assume.
  • Daniel Faraday (assume a nod to Michael Faraday) - A physicist. To explain the Island's electro magnetism properties, the purple sky, perhaps even the healing abilities. Remember he already commented that the air refracted light differently and he wasn't looking at the sky, he was looking right in front of his nose.
  • Frank Lapidus (Lawnmower Man!) - At first glance, this guy appears to be a bumbling idiot in a Hawaiian shirt. I can't believe this is anything other than misdirection. There's a a lot more to this guy than we think. They've also brought in a very well respected actor who doesn't work a lot through choice. I can't believe he's here for the short term in a minor role

Other things:

Although the theory that it was Miles in the cabin is blown out of the water, it occurred to me that the theory that it was Locke has the same fate. Locke expressed surprise when Hurley mentioned he'd been to the cabin. So it's someone else. Now, here's my theory. Richard Alpert, the guy who doesn't age from the Black Rock, who convinced Ben to carry out the Purge and is generally thought to be second in command of the Others, is played by an actor called Nestor Carbonell. This guy landed a role in a prime time ABC drama called Cane and they refused to allow him to return to the ABC show Lost in any form. Alpert was last seen leading the remaining others to the Temple at the end of S3. Cane isn't doing so well in the ratings, and strong rumours are that no new episodes will be ordered after the strike because they have no interest in trying to encourage new viewers to a flagging show. So if it gets cancelled, it frees Nestor up to return to Lost. I think the eye is a placeholder. If they can get him back, it will turn out to be him. If it doesn't pan out that way, they'll create a new character to fill that void, much the same way they created Abbadon (who they acknowledged has replaced Alpert's recruitment role in the outside world).

Other than that, we know we're going to meet George and Regina at some point as they're both well known and credited actors.

One spoiler I did pick up though by accident is that we have to wait until episode seven before we see Michael for the first time and he appears in the Sun/Jin flashforward . Generally I'm trying to avoid them this year.

Its all good head scratching stuff...

Miles' "exorcism" seemed a little odd to me...the pictures on the wall in the house changed from when he went upstairs and then came back downstairs...re-inforcing the "narnia", time shift element. Also is to easy an assumption that the grand child was Ecko..or indeed his brother.

Personally I thikn the "eye" in the cabin is Jack....or at least Jack from another time-line....drawn back by Jacob/the Island in Christian form....

Anyway off to trawl the web for more easter egg goodies....

I've seen a few stare and compares of the photos of that kid and the young Ecko and there's a resemblance, but not concrete enough to say one way or the other really. The heroin is a big pointer but I'm just not sure.

I hadn't noticed the pictures changing. I'll have to rewatch.

I've seen a few stare and compares of the photos of that kid and the young Ecko and there's a resemblance, but not concrete enough to say one way or the other really. The heroin is a big pointer but I'm just not sure.

I hadn't noticed the pictures changing. I'll have to rewatch.

The frames on some of the pictures change...from old fashioned to modern....although I dont know why the lady wouldnt notice that the dude was upstairs for years if that were the case. More smoke and mirrors from the writers no doubt!

I don't care if this is complete nonsense, this will pretty much wreck your head just trying to understand it.

http://www.mirrormattermoon.blogspot.com/

A lot of it is a stretch, and there's no way in the world the writers would have this in mind as their full explanation because 99% of the audience simply wont get it.

It's fun though and there's been a lot of work put into it.

Thats a head wrecker but well constructed.

I don't care if this is complete nonsense, this will pretty much wreck your head just trying to understand it.

http://www.mirrormattermoon.blogspot.com/

A lot of it is a stretch, and there's no way in the world the writers would have this in mind as their full explanation because 99% of the audience simply wont get it.

It's fun though and there's been a lot of work put into it.

"Beyond the Show Proper:

In a broadcast by DJ Dan, there was a taped interview with a student working on a project, apparently for the Widmore Corporation (likely responsible for the people on the freighter):"

hmmmm...

How did the people from the freighter get hold of a picture of Ben if he's been on the Island his whole life? It's a fairly recent picture and looked (as far as I can remember) as though it was taken in somewhere industrial/office like.

How did the people from the freighter get hold of a picture of Ben if he's been on the Island his whole life? It's a fairly recent picture and looked (as far as I can remember) as though it was taken in somewhere industrial/office like.

My assumption on this is either that they have a spy in the Others camp...or Ben has been snapped whilst making an excursion off the Island.

I did think that Ben had the ability to time travel but not so sure now...think that is down to Desmond only.

Actually the producers said that Desmond's visions only extended to Charlie's death. Now that this has passed, he wont be having any more. Bit lame to me but there we are.

When Ben said he was born on the Island and had never left, he was lying as his flashback revealed. He arrived here as a boy. There's no reason to think that he hasn't been off the Island since then either.

Actually the producers said that Desmond's visions only extended to Charlie's death. Now that this has passed, he wont be having any more. Bit lame to me but there we are.

Bugger thats blown my theory that Desmond created a rift and was affected by it to the extent that he could move forwards and backwards in time, thus manipulating people to arrive on the Island by fair means or foul.

Oh well back to the drawing board....