Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
feelslikeitshould

Anniversary Gifts

Today my darling husband and I have been married for 5 long ye...I mean lovely years! This year I'm supposed to give him wood :blink: , according to tradition. He might get a card, they come from wood.

He's usually quite good at remembering or should I say, heeding the warnings of what will happen if he forgets after I've reminded him at least 7 days in advance. We both forgot last year though! I'd rather use it as an excuse to have some time alone than an excuse to buy prezzies so gifts on such an occasion don't really bother me.

Other than forgetting it, what's the strangest, nicest or crappest anniversary experience you've had? I know someone who got an iron from their husband and I'm already expecting someone to say, the anniversary of their divorce....

This year I'm supposed to give him wood

I think you'll find he'll be expecting that every year...

Seriously though. Buy him an acre of Rainforest or one of the other Greenpeace / Friends of the Earth type initiatives.

Congrats! The hubby and I celebrated our 5 years last September. Celebrated with a trip to Amsterdam. Still wanted to give pressies but since we were going to Amsterdam we gave a strict limit of £10 on gifts --- it makes you get really creative. Guess what I got?

A spirograph!! He remembered me telling stories of how my sister had one when i was a kid and she would never let me use it and how i always wanted one.

Try and think along those lines and you should find something cool --- maybe an old toy from his childhood that he always wanted and never got --- get on ebay and find it.

Can't put a price on nostalgia

Me and herself agreed to buy our anniversary gifts whilst on the holiday just after the anniversary date

We bought each other a nice wooden figurine from a market.

Perhaps you could think along those lines.

Alternatively, buy him a shed (preferably with a bar, plasma telly and games console inside)

a shed (preferably with a bar, plasma telly and games console inside)

Nirvana

Paradise

Heaven

a shed (preferably with a bar, plasma telly and games console inside)

Nirvana

Paradise

Heaven

Only if you add a snooker table.