Famous Manx People.

BunnyBoiler

Just been thinking, are there any manx people who are famous now at this moment in time?

Are there any people who are likly to be famous in the future. I mean sports people or actors who just havent quite made it big time yet.

Just being curious. :)

Me?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is also expert at dropping into conversation with visitors to the Rovers, extracting every last information and knowledge they have about lower division football teams and beating that knowledge. This leaves the visitors feeling quite bemuse and wishing they had never come into the pub in th efirst place although they'll know next time not to make eye contact. A bit like the oft told sketch of the bloke who comes and sits next to you on the bus.

Now, is Raz a troll, so to speak?

ie is he really a once normal person who is trying to get the last laugh or is he for real - a font of largely irrelevant (apart to a minority) knowledge about, er, York City and other such stuff.

A bit like a steven but not in cyberspace sort of thing.

He is also expert at dropping into conversation with visitors to the Rovers, extracting every last information and knowledge they have about lower division football teams and beating that knowledge. This leaves the visitors feeling quite bemuse and wishing they had never come into the pub in th efirst place although they'll know next time not to make eye contact. A bit like the oft told sketch of the bloke who comes and sits next to you on the bus.

ie is he really a once normal person who is trying to get the last laugh or is he for real - a font of largely irrelevant (apart to a minority) knowledge about, er, York City and other such stuff.

Raz is also an expert on the Beatles, simply repeat a line from an obscure Beatles song and he'll know the title.

Not a lot of people know that!

How do you avoid making eye-contact with someone in mirrored shades?

Troll? Well if he ever discovers the Internet we're in trouble.

He is fairly normal underneath it all, when sober and the topic isn't York City.

Raz is also an expert on the Beatles, simply repeat a line from an obscure Beatles song and he'll know the title.

True, and the Cramps and assorted Punk and Indie acts.

• 1 year later...
I think the newest manx person making the headlines is chris brain. He's on channel 4s shipwrecked. and is very hot so that helps to tune in (and supporting the IOM of course) :P

A 'brain' on a reality TV show - isn't that what they call an oxymoron - you know, like 'military-intelligence'?

I'm glad to be able to say I've never heard of him.

One of the most unusual manx characters has to be William Henry Quilliam'Leader of the moslem church in great britian'.......Canny be arsed repeating all the stuff this fella got up to in his life but he obviuosly loved giving the ladies his fraggle rock....My own manx superstars have to be Archie Knox and George Quayle,author of Legends of a Lifetime,most enjoyable book I have read......Great book out called New Manx worthies which has lot of people in it