Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

Insurrection. It was just an extended TV episode with no sense of a movie budget.

Yeah that is funny and it sums it up for me, although I have more nitpicks and criticisms of that film. Which did you find the worst? Final Frontier?

Final Frontier by a very long way. Unmitigated shit.

Star Trek was always camp, and mildy slapstick, and I think they got the tone of the film just right.

Finally got round to seeing it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.....although there was a little too much lense flare going on at times!!

And I kept finding myselg looking out for numbers in the background....yes I need to get out more!!

Roll on the next one...

Oh and Uhura's first name should have been Hubbahubba!

Edited by When Skies Are Grey

Insurrection. It was just an extended TV episode with no sense of a movie budget.

That was a really bad movie. Some parts of that just didn't make any sense and things seem made-up or hobbled together just to force a story out. Bad writing.

Shattner himself wrote a few exceptional books, based around alternative Star Trek timeline, one in which Kirk was resurrected by the Borg following his death in the movie.