Any Type1 Diabetics Out There?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the basis that you are serious (and not just sparking a debate) consider this:

Most people's body will create insulin; for those who don't they are given insulin in a managed and controlled way.

Why do you (or anyone else for that matter) might be???

Simply because you NEED it, without it you will die (unlike lard, pie and beer.)

It's fair to say that I will never win a slimmer of the year competition, but there again I would never consider a potentially suicidal act in order to shed a couple of pounds.

Nice and simply, don't be an arse.

Just a curious one really......

That super skinny vs supper big thing on ch4 just had me thinking.....

I'm a Type1 diabetic and have a few pounds i need to shred "1stone really, im 6ft and weight 14.5ish should be 13.5 i think" and well..... acording to the tv program I just watched they said dont do it etc etc, but this person did it for a long time and suffered from it... but if I just stop taking my insullin for a week I could prob loose a stone and surely it wouldn't make an affect on me for just doing it once?....

Has anyone ever tried it? its called "Diabulemia"

I am a Type 1 diabetic and have been since I was 13. When I was first diagnosed I'd probably been suffering with it for a few months but I'd gone right down to 6 1/2 stone, I was skin and bones. Diabulemia is an eating disorder, much like anorexia/bullemia and I actually know a diabetic girl who suffered with this condition. Basically if you do it your blood sugars will run extremely high and you may damage your nerves/eyes etc so it's not a wise decision. If you even mention stopping taking your insulin for a day, let alone a week, to a Diabetic Doctor he'd probably string you up!! Seriously, not a good idea! You're better off getting yourself out everyday for a good walk! :)

Seriously, not a good idea!

Someone I knew didn't take his diabetic condition seriously, didn't do what he had to do, and eventually died in a diabetic coma. I've no idea what a diabetic has to go through but surely it must be better that dying far too young?

charles, i have to be on injections type 2 diabetics are very different to type1.

I like the way you're explaining this to pharmacist.

I am fully aware Type 1 diabetes is insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. The point is that insulin treatment is essentially life saving.

The treatment is simply dietary changes and insulin, which, I repeat, is life saving.

Glad you are not serious but I hope no one else wants to do it.

Seriously, not a good idea!

Someone I knew didn't take his diabetic condition seriously, didn't do what he had to do, and eventually died in a diabetic coma. I've no idea what a diabetic has to go through but surely it must be better that dying far too young?

Ditto someone I knew too. :(

He was the one I knew that died. I'd wondered if there was a 4x4 connection but I think I've confusing you and your Disco for Rumsaa's charity effort and the other forum member who sold the tarted up orange coloured Disco

Edit to clarify - he was a keen member of the 4x4 club

Edited by The Old Git

I'm thinking about the crystal meth diet. I'm a little concerned about the side effects, however. Apparently they include raging psychosis, skin falling off and death. It might be worth it to be skinny though!