Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
ThieBane

Taste Of India Curry House

I'm still chuckling at the 'dog shaped blanket' conversation :D

Ahh, thanks for reminding me, I'll start a new thread..

Was in The Taste of India last night and it was absolutely superb in every regard, nothing to fault whatsoever - there were people queuing out of the door waiting for their takeaways and by the time we left (we got a table early on in the evening) the place was rammed, I don't think you could have walked in off the street and got a table.

We went for the full mixed starters + poppadoms + curry & rice + naan bread and still pressed on with dessert despite being stuffed to the gills, as everything was so delicious - even the house red was a perfectly good bottle of wine and not cheap vinegar as you often get from the bottom end of the wine list.

Service spot on, waiters immaculate, decor and atmosphere great, all high quality furnishings and chairs, proper tablecloths and napkins, everything extremely impressive.

The food was heavenly, every dish (there were five of us) exactly as it should be (I spent three years living on the curry mile in Manchester, so I knows me curries......), right from a korma through to a vindaloo.

Couldn't recommend the place highly enough and will definitely be going back there.

The only thing I've ever disliked there is how close together some of the tables are

7 of us just had a meal there tonight.

Absolutely flawless from start to finish.

Superb.

Taste of India all the way. It's at the bottom of Broadway on the corner where Punch and Judy used to be ages ago. It's been a few restaurants in it's time.

The service is brilliant the food is brilliant and the decor is brilliant. I cannot fault it at all.

a

We had a take away from the Taste of India last night - they deliver to your door for £2. Food came within 45 mins of ordering and still nice and hot on arrival. Dishes we had were Chicken Tikka Madras, Lamb Rogan Josh - it tasted SO good, we even phoned to tell them so! P.S. Try the onion pilau rice - yummy. :P

Did anyone else have the TERRIBLE valentines meal at the ex 'Milan' on the quay? (now the kashmiri, or some other dreadful name) We were there that night and will never go back. Food was awful, service was even worse (we booked in for 8.30pm, but were still waiting for main course at 9.50pm. Avoid at all costs! :angry:

We took a table of eight to the Milan/Kashmiri on a mid-week feed-up. We were only one of three tables and they still managed to serve the main course over a 30 minute period. One poor soul was starting as most of us were finishing up.

Agree about the Taste, consistently very good and I’ve never had a bad meal from there before.

do they take cards? as the takeaway doesnt which is f*cking annoying considering how long they have been operating.

do they take cards? as the takeaway doesnt which is f*cking annoying considering how long they have been operating.

Taste takes cards yes. Pretty sure the takeaway underneath is nothing to do with them.

Was in Taste Of India for a sit in last Sat - this is my first time eating in as I normally get a home delivery or takeaway - cannot fault the place, great quality food, tasty and mouthwatering - I had a chicken chilli garlic which was the "macdaddy" on top of that its good service, elegant decor and friendly staff......

Cannot fault this place - except it took me ages to find the place!!! :)

Havent been to Taste of India i think, so cant fault them but thought the meat in the curry at Millennium Sagaar was a bit too chewy and rubberly, but the service was good. Chillies is the best in my experience, excellent all round, good food, wine and delightful experience, they do pretty good takeway as well.

Seriously brubaskia, once you have a Taste of India curry you wont go back to anywhere else.

The chap who orginally setup the Taste of India (now running Rasoi in PSM :hug:) now also has what was the Jubilee Cafe.

He said he'll be doing lunch for about a fiver, and it'll be bring your own booze.. I look forward to giving it a try!

The chap who orginally setup the Taste of India (now running Rasoi in PSM :hug:) now also has what was the Jubilee Cafe.

He said he'll be doing lunch for about a fiver, and it'll be bring your own booze.. I look forward to giving it a try!

Any idea what style of food? Been allsorts that place!