Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
ThieBane

Taste Of India Curry House

Another Indian

Oh cool. I liked the Taj's fiver lunches but it was a bit out of the way.

It can only be a good thing to be bring your own booze too, financial climate and all. Should do well if the food is similar to his usual standard!

oooh indian food used to give me heart-burn...my Dr. said it would be the death of me, but you can't beat a good Balti!

Just eat it, eat it , eat it

Get yourself an egg and beat it

Have some more chicken, have some more pie

It doesn't matter , it's broiled or fried

Just eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it

oops wrong version

The chap who orginally setup the Taste of India (now running Rasoi in PSM :hug:) now also has what was the Jubilee Cafe.

He said he'll be doing lunch for about a fiver, and it'll be bring your own booze.. I look forward to giving it a try!

The guy who set up taste of india???? I was soo embarassed when i mentioned this to them last night! LOL

Anyway its the same owner been in there from the start and its not changed hands

ps. 1 thing i hate is copy cats or rip offs and the guy in PSM has totally copied Taste of India from logo to menu! Shame the cooking not same though!

I'm going to that new place next week I think - looking forward to it

Went to Curry Lounge last night and found the service very good and the food freshly cooked, well presented and plentiful. Both mine and the wife's curry although named differently, seemed quite similar (tomato based sauce), but maybe that was just peculiar to what we ordered. Paratha was the best we have had over here and the Sag Paneer also good. Total bill including 4 cans of pop to go with our bottle , poppadoms, mains, side, bread and one dessert was £40.

Edited by compiler

Went to Curry Lounge last night and found the service very good and the food freshly cooked, well presented and plentiful. Both mine and the wife's curry although named differently, seemed quite similar (tomato based sauce), but maybe that was just peculiar to what we ordered. Paratha was the best we have had over here and the Sag Paneer also good. Total bill including 4 cans of pop to go with our bottle , poppadoms, mains, side, bread and one dessert was £40.

Nice, thanks, will get down there. Has anyone seen if they have a lunch menu?

The chap who orginally setup the Taste of India (now running Rasoi in PSM :hug:) now also has what was the Jubilee Cafe.

He said he'll be doing lunch for about a fiver, and it'll be bring your own booze.. I look forward to giving it a try!

The guy who set up taste of india???? I was soo embarassed when i mentioned this to them last night! LOL

Anyway its the same owner been in there from the start and its not changed hands

ps. 1 thing i hate is copy cats or rip offs and the guy in PSM has totally copied Taste of India from logo to menu! Shame the cooking not same though!

Yeah he had a share in the Taste of India, perhaps hot the whole thing then but then sold on when he setup Rasoi

His latest venture being the curry lounge, although I've not managed to check it out for myself yet.

Nice, thanks, will get down there. Has anyone seen if they have a lunch menu?

Answering myself: yes they do, a reasonable 6.95 set 2 course menu at lunchtime.

Takeaway too at 20% off menu prices.

4. Millennium Sagaar.

Went to the Saagar with work around 3 months ago, i rate it very highly having always been really impressed with it

However, the upstairs decor was a mess, the walls needed painting / wallpapering, and the food was bland and tasteless. I thought it might just be me, so i asked some of my colleagues and they were all unimpressed. I had the hot curry, and so did a friend (and i am usually sweating at the mere sight of them!) but it was very, very tame.

Might give it one more go - will see.

The Spice of India in Ramsey has been off the boil a bit recently, we haven't had anything bad from there, but it's all just been a bit underwhelming, spicy curries that aren't that spicy, creamy curries that are a bit watery, burnt poppadoms and overly doughy naans - and a bit too much grease in the curries too.

They charge top dollar so the food really needs to be spot on to justify the cost.

Is Spice on the quaye from the same bunch? If so are they now rotating one good chef between 3 venues, or 2 between 3 :)

Is Spice on the quaye from the same bunch? If so are they now rotating one good chef between 3 venues, or 2 between 3 :)

Hmmm not sure TBH, the theory always was that they had one good chef and one not so good chef for the one in Ramsey and the one on the Terrace, we had a good run from the Spice in Ramsey over several weeks, but now it's been grease-a-thon for the last two or three weeks :(

Is there a third Spice now then?

Hmmm not sure TBH, the theory always was that they had one good chef and one not so good chef for the one in Ramsey and the one on the Terrace, we had a good run from the Spice in Ramsey over several weeks, but now it's been grease-a-thon for the last two or three weeks :(

Oh is that right? I've given up on the terrace, last takeaway there was swimming in orange fat, with virtually no solids in a bucketful of sauce. For takeaways I've been paying extra and getting them from Chillis. Not cheap, but nice.

Is there a third Spice now then?

Indeed - in the building which was previously Kashmir/Milan on the quaye in Douglas