Places To Visit

DjDan

Aside from all the regulars (House of Mananan, Manx Museum, Laxey Wheel etc.)... any suggestions on some nice sites around the Island that you have come across? particularly those that are somewhat 'unknown'. Photos, descriptions.. anything really.

I have a family member come to stay, and well.. I should take her around the island! - of course. Just looking for some extra special suggestions as I plan things. Having lived here from birth... I don't really do the site seeing thing! I've done it all growing up. It's been some time now.. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Aside from all the regulars (House of Mananan, Manx Museum, Laxey Wheel etc.)... any suggestions on some nice sites around the Island that you have come across? particularly those that are somewhat 'unknown'. Photos, descriptions.. anything really.

I have a family member come to stay, and well.. I should take her around the island! - of course. Just looking for some extra special suggestions as I plan things. Having lived here from birth... I don't really do the site seeing thing! I've done it all growing up. It's been some time now.. :rolleyes:

Cheers

They up for a walk? Groudle Glen, Glen Helen, etc?

Bradda head and the tower for the views then just over the front face of Bradda for a look at the medieval 'Monk holes' hand cut mines. Path down is reasonably accessible.

I would suggest the Great Union Camera Obscura, unique.

The Gaiety, 7 different plays on over next 7 nights, evn if they hate the play the interior is stunning (or there are guided tours)

The Grove Museum in Ramsey to see what upper middle class life was like in the 1870's, plus a good cafe

Outdoors, especially if its blowing a hooly, walk around the outside of Peel castle, then go and have tea and cake in one of the cafes

For a Grand Day out;

bus down to the sound, light lunch, walk round the coast to Port St Mary taking in the fantastic costal scenery along the way followed by a few very reasonably priced pints in the Albert then pick up the bus just outside the front door to get home or up the road to the Indian for tea.

Takes in a few of the suggestions already given.