You Know It The T T When . . . . .

...you find that there's a motorbike parked in your car space outside of your house.... and it doesn't move for DAYS!!!! I wouldn't mind, but it's parked in the middle of the two spaces!!

It's probably not even a biker.... just some local who thinks it's time to bring out the machine.

Just move the Fecking thing and stop crying about it :angry: ,

last year some idiots parked blocking the entrance to the boat park so i dragged their bikes inside the boat park and then met my friend in clinch's, we sat out side in the glorious sun and howled with laughter as they came back to there bikes and couldn't work out how to open the gate :lol:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see people you know, that don't actually have a bike, getting off the bus in Douglas wearing leathers and carrying a crash helmet.

That'll be "Little Al" from Ramsey! (Is he still around?)

Your not aloud to drink along Douglas Promenade. Even if there is NO ACTUAL LAW against it. (although maybe there should be - which I agrea to)

This is actually Fascism at the thin edge of the end.

not read the previous posts, but takeaway's hike the prices and keep them there till next years hike. same for pubs and fuel too. and your 30 minute car journey now takes 90 minutes through the access road. the only vehicles you see with parking tickets are locals and if you have a motor bike it can park on any pavement you want. the usual immaculate old bikes and classics with custom registrations get let out for another 40 miles ( the yearly total ) to get added to the mileometer. local adverts advertise 2 wheel heaps at way over the odds to try and cash in. ( never seen manxnet adds so busy or expensive ). same old crap, same old faces, same old great event reteric from lying officials.

Your not aloud to drink along Douglas Promenade. Even if there is NO ACTUAL LAW against it. (although maybe there should be - which I agrea to)

This is actually Fascism at the thin edge of the end.

I'm pretty sure there has been a byelaw in place, especially for Douglas promenade since 2001. If I remember correctly you can be told to stop drinking by the police and then if you are caught again then they can arrest you. This applies all year round - not just for TT, it's probably just enforced more that is all.

Only info I can find off hand is this: http://www.gov.im/infocentre/archived_rele...a_drinking.html

Same goes for Peel, Ramsey etc.

Aaaah fond memories!!!! mum used to have a house in Mona St and whenever I was there for tt there would be bikers all parked outside the house, pissing in your front yard (mona street became a river of piss by the end!) and people jamming in the next house till 5am! people shouting and singing all hours, bikes revving, and yea you could even hear the fareground on the prom sometimes!

I havent been for TT for ages but I must admit I have been watchin in on ITV4 and I felt a rush of excitment and I had this yearning to be there! You lot are all really lucky, yea there are the crap bits but mostly the IOM comes alive with music everywhere, partying,people smiling, the smell of bikes (that petrol they use that smells nice!) and loads of new faces, okay so its shit that people put their prices up but that is the capitalist society we all live in!

Enjoy yourselves - i soooo wish I could be there! Its exciting and unique! this is the first year that I ahve actually been captivated by the actual racing and just how mad/brave the racers are - absolutely brilliant!

Aaaah fond memories!!!! mum used to have a house in Mona St and whenever I was there for tt there would be bikers all parked outside the house, pissing in your front yard (mona street became a river of piss by the end!) and people jamming in the next house till 5am! people shouting and singing all hours, bikes revving, and yea you could even hear the fareground on the prom sometimes!

I havent been for TT for ages but I must admit I have been watchin in on ITV4 and I felt a rush of excitment and I had this yearning to be there! You lot are all really lucky, yea there are the crap bits but mostly the IOM comes alive with music everywhere, partying,people smiling, the smell of bikes (that petrol they use that smells nice!) and loads of new faces, okay so its shit that people put their prices up but that is the capitalist society we all live in!

Enjoy yourselves - i soooo wish I could be there! Its exciting and unique! this is the first year that I ahve actually been captivated by the actual racing and just how mad/brave the racers are - absolutely brilliant!

Fond memories of Mona Street becoming a river of piss? You really must be easily pleased, and Manx to the Manx.

Rip off central - this banana republic doesn't deserve to have a tourism industry.