You Know It The T T When . . . . .

Your not aloud to drink along Douglas Promenade. Even if there is NO ACTUAL LAW against it. (although maybe there should be - which I agrea to)

This is actually Fascism at the thin edge of the end.

I'm pretty sure there has been a byelaw in place, especially for Douglas promenade since 2001. If I remember correctly you can be told to stop drinking by the police and then if you are caught again then they can arrest you. This applies all year round - not just for TT, it's probably just enforced more that is all.

Only info I can find off hand is this: http://www.gov.im/infocentre/archived_rele...a_drinking.html

Same goes for Peel, Ramsey etc.

thats actually very interesting. The no drink areas are strictly designated and in fact there is always an abundance of signs saying "if a police officer says to stop drinking etc...."

The area of the promenade, I would say is the walkway and shelters and gardens as per "Clifton Terrace Rose Garden, Glen Falcon and Derby Square."

To just say "The Promenade" is very loose. The signs are around the shelters and the seats along the walkway.

The other day the police were stopping people outside the hotels pavement. They make up their own laws as they go. Which as i said is fascist-istic of them.

although I must say that I would prefer no alcohol in public anywhere on the island, but only if it is the law, and not on Doric's whim.

Edited by Doric
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaah fond memories!!!! mum used to have a house in Mona St and whenever I was there for tt there would be bikers all parked outside the house, pissing in your front yard (mona street became a river of piss by the end!) and people jamming in the next house till 5am! people shouting and singing all hours, bikes revving, and yea you could even hear the fareground on the prom sometimes!

I havent been for TT for ages but I must admit I have been watchin in on ITV4 and I felt a rush of excitment and I had this yearning to be there! You lot are all really lucky, yea there are the crap bits but mostly the IOM comes alive with music everywhere, partying,people smiling, the smell of bikes (that petrol they use that smells nice!) and loads of new faces, okay so its shit that people put their prices up but that is the capitalist society we all live in!

Enjoy yourselves - i soooo wish I could be there! Its exciting and unique! this is the first year that I ahve actually been captivated by the actual racing and just how mad/brave the racers are - absolutely brilliant!

Fond memories of Mona Street becoming a river of piss? You really must be easily pleased, and Manx to the Manx.

Rip off central - this banana republic doesn't deserve to have a tourism industry.

I was actually just being tongue in cheek, pointin out that yes it has its downsides but generally I would say most IOM residents more than likely enjoy the TT. I dont know what you mean by saying and Manx to the Manx?

Aaaah fond memories!!!! mum used to have a house in Mona St and whenever I was there for tt there would be bikers all parked outside the house, pissing in your front yard (mona street became a river of piss by the end!) and people jamming in the next house till 5am! people shouting and singing all hours, bikes revving, and yea you could even hear the fareground on the prom sometimes!

I havent been for TT for ages but I must admit I have been watchin in on ITV4 and I felt a rush of excitment and I had this yearning to be there! You lot are all really lucky, yea there are the crap bits but mostly the IOM comes alive with music everywhere, partying,people smiling, the smell of bikes (that petrol they use that smells nice!) and loads of new faces, okay so its shit that people put their prices up but that is the capitalist society we all live in!

Enjoy yourselves - i soooo wish I could be there! Its exciting and unique! this is the first year that I ahve actually been captivated by the actual racing and just how mad/brave the racers are - absolutely brilliant!

Fond memories of Mona Street becoming a river of piss? You really must be easily pleased, and Manx to the Manx.

Rip off central - this banana republic doesn't deserve to have a tourism industry.

I was actually just being tongue in cheek, pointin out that yes it has its downsides but generally I would say most IOM residents more than likely enjoy the TT. I dont know what you mean by saying and Manx to the Manx?

Meant to say Manx to the Max.

BTW, you know it's TT when Sam Webbs' bar staff try to give you change of a £10 note when you hand them a £20 + short pint measures to boot.

BTW, you know it's TT when Sam Webbs' bar staff try to give you change of a £10 note when you hand them a £20 + short pint measures to boot.

Serves you right for drinking in such a dump. But then it is one of the few gay bars left.

Manx Radio must think everyone at the TT is a silly teenager and giggling and stupid on wkd. There is after all only so much of Chris Williams' jokes and wisecracks you can take. Strangely though my irritation system has become nummed and immune to Alex Brindley.

Should I continue to listen so the same happens with Chris et al or should I just switch and lissten to bbc Radio 4.

I must say though that there is no way, no way at all that I could ever gt used to Andy Mitchell who has come back yet again to radio TT. Come back George Fergussin, all is forgiven!!!

Edited by Doric
You go and watch the Foo Fighters in Manchester on Monday.....Woot!

See you there then!

There is a plane in the morning and I'm on it ;)

the on the ball policeman with the speed camera and his mate at ballig bridge, miss the pensioner cutting across two lanes on the wrong side of the road and nearly taking out me and two bikes. still im sure the fines from speeding motorbikes is essential for keeping the roads in good order.

the on the ball policeman with the speed camera and his mate at ballig bridge, miss the pensioner cutting across two lanes on the wrong side of the road and nearly taking out me and two bikes. still im sure the fines from speeding motorbikes is essential for keeping the roads in good order.

Well it's very kind of you to contribute to the fund by breaking the law. Thank you.

You know it's TT when..........................

I've just bought myself a fucking Harley Davidson.

Note to self, don't have a day off when there's money in your pocket.