Bbc Website Not For Manx Residents

The week before last my wife tried to sign up my son for the BBC website Adventure Rock - a 'virtual world' for kids which the BBC was plugging on its news website. She went through the whole sign-in process on-line, including entering our postcode, only to be told at the end of it all that the website was 'Only available to UK residents'.

She sent an official complaint, basically saying "we pay the full licence fee, we went the full range of services", via email, to the BBC website who replied a couple of days later to say that the complaint had been forwarded to the people who run the website. A week later and we have had no reply.

I assume that the ignorant knob-heads who developed the site entered a list of postcodes which were UK postcodes and didn't include the IOM. Has anyone else had the same problem with this site? Has anyone else complained to the BBC about it? Has anyone had a quiet word with the Manx media / or MHKs with it to raise a stink with the beeb?

The week before last my wife tried to sign up my son for the BBC website Adventure Rock - a 'virtual world' for kids which the BBC was plugging on its news website. She went through the whole sign-in process on-line, including entering our postcode, only to be told at the end of it all that the website was 'Only available to UK residents'.

She sent an official complaint, basically saying "we pay the full licence fee, we went the full range of services", via email, to the BBC website who replied a couple of days later to say that the complaint had been forwarded to the people who run the website. A week later and we have had no reply.

I assume that the ignorant knob-heads who developed the site entered a list of postcodes which were UK postcodes and didn't include the IOM. Has anyone else had the same problem with this site? Has anyone else complained to the BBC about it? Has anyone had a quiet word with the Manx media / or MHKs with it to raise a stink with the beeb?

Myself and young Bazcabs did the same, got the same UK only message. We contacted them and complained as well but we never even got a reply.

A lot of stuff is done on IP ranges.

The ITV f1 site doesn't let you watch anything on MT, but seems to let you watch the live stuff on wi-manx (but not recorded stuff). Fairly annoying with all the stuff they put on now

There was something on Manx Radio website last year i think, basically a call for a reduced rate of the licence fee on the Island because we cannot recieve the full range of services. It was being put forward by an MHK, not sure of the outcome.