Ami Winedrinker

Radio TT says she is on the Island, has anyone seen her???

Last reported sighting, Foxdale. Or focksdell if you are being pedantic. No foxes have been seen there well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, forever!

Did you spy a stretch limo beside the Baltic the other night? Were the hacks just making it up for TT 2008? or are the rumours true?

BTW Vote for Sam. If she can't get enough votes this week, what with all these people over, she doesn't stand a chance.

I have to wonder that there isn't a girl who speaks with a london accent in the final.

(Take the last two lines with a (big) pinch of salt

Immortal, I think that the Landlord (not sure, but I believe it's part of the Bettridge empire) will have words to say to you. It's a quaint hostelry hidden in the centre of this sceptered Isle

Hugh j, She must have been going down then :o cos on the way up she would have two lines to choose from

Last reported sighting, Foxdale. Or focksdell if you are being pedantic. No foxes have been seen there well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, forever!

A bit off topic but:

I think you will find most folk in Foxdale promounce it "fox-dale". Only Manx Radio DJs say "fox-del' or foxdul.

same as Andreas, where most folk say and have always said "andree-as", not "an-drus". Only foolish comeovers and Manx Radio DJs come up with all this new sudo pronounciation shite.

edited to say back on topic.

tbh (to be honest) i;m not sure if i prefer Amy or Sam now. At least Amy is here on teh Island and you never do know, as the old folk used to say.

Edited by Doric

As most know the name originates from Scandinavian Forsdalr - waterfall dale - (and yes there is one!) - but has been Foxdale since at least 1515 presumeably by false analogy with the English Fox rather than Norse Forss

So whether or not it is a misnomer, it is Foxdale.

To "manxify" it as fuxdul is pretemtiousness, pseudo and effected.

A dale is a dale is a dale. And so is a fox.

Edited by Doric