For the forseeable future i am resident in Turkey [ indeed there WAS a boat in the morning!]

Anyhoo they have banned you tube, any wheezes where i can somehow get around the ban?

You need a nice person to set you up with a proxy.

I once saw a film about Turkey.

If you get caught wont they put you in prison and the guard do some terrible things to you and dangling your from feet and that?

For the forseeable future i am resident in Turkey [ indeed there WAS a boat in the morning!]

Anyhoo they have banned you tube, any wheezes where i can somehow get around the ban?

...move!

...move!

Many thanks for your wise word, i look forward to your next syllable with indifference.

As you live in a secular military dictatorship leaning towards Islam in most areas of life, I would 'do as the Romans do' as it were. Midnight Express wasn't made by the Turkish tourist board.

Not a military dictatorship---yet, watch this space----martial music on the telly, troops on the street soon, maybe.

The present govt has a large democratic majority and favours the working/middle class. The pashas and the army dont like this a bit as they see their power eroding.

they are waiting for the nod from the USA to act but its not forthcoming, they like the present govt.

The Islamic aspect is a red herring, good press for the West, it is really all about the transfer of power from the old to the new.