I can also remember some kind of indoor fair in the Crescent (I think).

You're right, there was. It was beneath the fun house, in every sense of the word. There were clapped out dodgems, a strange wild west themed shooting range, a tiny ghost train, a great big swinging thing, and what looked like a giant version of those octagonal contraptions they use in raffles.

No one was ever in there due to the fact that kids could play on the gamblers, aracade machines, or simply be entertained for free by the heart stopping carpeting just next door.

Hillbilly moonshine was the shooting gallery, that was ace.... I always shot for the man on the toilet or the guy chilling against the grave who would turn his head and spit water at you.

Remember the old woman on a rocking chair in the glass cabinet they would wheel outside? or the old rock-ola jukebox with a music library 10 years out of date?

Sweet child o mine was on all the time!!

getting canned up on merrydown and LCL pills going into the love boat thing with neon lights, getting scabby chips from next door and robbing the candybox blind!

Damn i miss being a teenager when we acctually had things to do!! i would hate being a teenager now.

or the old rock-ola jukebox with a music library 10 years out of date?

The jukebox was awesome, especially for providing a rocking soundtrack to what was actually a fairly tame round on the dodgems: Motorhead, Ace of Spades and Anthrax, Got the Time every time.

the ghost train at the crescent was operated by an old woman i recall??? - and the the pirate ship made me really sick too.... I was hardly even allowed to play in there as it was too expensive, and my folks used to give me a bag of 2p coins and send me into the crescent leisure to play on those coin slide games!!

The cages at the back of the crescent were the best. I think you could get up to 4 people in them & the idea was to just get it going round & round. No helmets, no safety gear. It wouldn't be allowed these days :) . Oh & my top tune for the jukebox? Einstein A Go Go by Landscape :D

Went to a party at the old summerland play area for a party when I was about 8.

They had those sliding shelf machines there where you put 10p in the top and then wait to see if it will push more 10p's off the bottom shelf.

After losing my 50p spends with my brother we gave the machine the obligatory dig and to our delight found the glass panelled front had not been locked.

Five minutes later we were off along the prom with so many 10p's in our tracksuit pockets our pants were falling down. Ate about 12 kit kats each from a vending machine outside the old crescent pub on the way home.

Happy times.........erm can I still go to jail for this ?!! :huh:

Sweet child o mine was on all the time!!

getting canned up on merrydown and LCL pills going into the love boat thing with neon lights, getting scabby chips from next door and robbing the candybox blind!

Damn i miss being a teenager when we acctually had things to do!! i would hate being a teenager now.

We used to do exactly the same, although the lager was more likely to have been Heldenbrau, Skol 1080 or Kestrel Super Strength. The latter two being "shot gunned".

Ahh...they were the days.