Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
smirnoffwrecker

Best Place For Sunday Lunch

The Glen Mona has been good since the take over in the Summer!

Excellent 'Viking Long Boat' roast dinner's - A roast dinner stuffed inside a giant Yorkshire that's shaped like boat!

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed how bad all the H&B offerings have become. Same stuff at all the pubs with no individuality

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:19 PM, gpatchett said:

Has anyone noticed how bad all the H&B offerings have become. Same stuff at all the pubs with no individuality

No.

On 11/12/2018 at 3:19 PM, gpatchett said:

110% YES! And it's a shame really, when you consider how popular pub food is right across the UK.

The H&B menu's and food has become so uniformed and dull; I know of a couple of the better Landlords hating it. It somewhat tarnishes their pubs reputation serving just about average/mediocre food and having zero powers to change it. Saying that, the Terminus seemed to remain alright, but I haven't been in a very long time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kitten Mittens said:

110% YES! And it's a shame really, when you consider how popular pub food is right across the UK.

The H&B menu's and food has become so uniformed and dull; I know of a couple of the better Landlords hating it. It somewhat tarnishes their pubs reputation serving just about average/mediocre food and having zero powers to change it. Saying that, the Terminus seemed to remain alright, but I haven't been in a very long time.

Food in the Terminus is still very good. Keeps a good pint as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevster said:

Food in the Terminus is still very good. Keeps a good pint as well. 

Very glad to hear that, last time I was there they seemed to survive H&B's 'Third Reich' and it was still very much enjoyable! 

I am very sad to confirm that the Terminus Sunday lunch is the same as all the others. Sounds like they have a new strategy. One doomed to failure.

3 hours ago, gpatchett said:

I am very sad to confirm that the Terminus Sunday lunch is the same as all the others. Sounds like they have a new strategy. One doomed to failure.

Serving Sunday lunch at 9.30 am was never going to work.