Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
mikehpeel

Manx Telecom Vs. Sure Mobile

After having customer service 'problems' with Manx Telecom, I called into the Sure shop in Douglas to see about changing my wife's pay as you go card to theirs and moving my contract when it expires. Despite the excellent sales staff, I found that Sure call rates are highher than MT's. Can any of you Sure Mobile users out there tell me any benefits of changing???

Ta.

The last time i was down town the only thing i noticed that MT Mobile shop had some ropey looking female staff and some kids, where as at the time sure had two blonde fitties that almost could have been twins...oooooh :shifty: that got some wrong thoughts flowing...

If I wasn't on a work phone I know where I would be going.

I changed over from MT to Sure several months ago and so far I've been very pleased.

At MT I was on a £25 a month tariff that usually came in just over that (ie by going slightly over the free calls allowance presumably).

I switched to sure and got a top drawer phone for nowt, and although I'm also on a £25 a month tariff with Sure, it actually is only costing me £10-12 quid a month because I don't use anywhere near the free allowance so they refund the difference each month.

I wasn't expecting that, so it was a nice surprise.

Actually, I don't think www.manxforums.com is the best place to be singing the praises of any sort of competition for Manx Telecom.

You know how it is.

Actually, I don't think www.manxforums.com is the best place to be singing the praises of any sort of competition for Manx Telecom.

You know how it is.

Why not Manx Telecom are a bunch of useless tossers who couldn't set up a telephone link in an Albanian goat herders village between 2 mud huts 12 yards apart using 2 tin cans and a string

I'm pretty sure MT's licence doesn't allow them to offer services in Albania...

I think MT has had it too easy for too long and I suspect it won't be long before the sleeping giant awakens and makes itself leaner to compete.

I think MT has had it too easy for too long and I suspect it won't be long before the sleeping giant awakens and makes itself leaner to compete.

Metaphorically speaking of course . . . . . .

I accept your comment %age and admit that I always try to use local whenever I can, that is whyI have stuck with MT even when Sure started last year, which is when I took out my new contract. If MT's service was good then I would have stayed, however, I have had to have several dealings with them recently and have been disappointed, so I am looking for advice from others out there who may have made the change, not seeking to make this thread a condemnation of MT. If there wasn't a competitor what would their prices be???? you only have to look at the threads on Gas and Electricity prices!!!!

Edited by mikehpeel

Manx Telecom Vs. Sure Mobile

I await the remix.

I accept your comment %age and admit that I always try to use local whenever I can, that is whyI have stuck with MT even when Sure started last year, which is when I took out my new contract.

I have to say that thus far I've been very unimpressed with the service on my Sure contract mobile. I have never had any problems with my MT phone in 10 years of ownership - I could travel to any country in the world and 99% of the time it would hook up immediately. Now I've changed to Sure over even on the IOM I'm getting dropped calls all the time, and I find the roaming changes seem to be much more expensive when off Island. It might be a mis-match in contract terms but I've started using my MT phone as back up when I'm off Island.

Had fine service with my mobile for a few years, and the odd problem normally fixed fast (odd period like TT/New years, but that's to be expected) - or been really helpful on shop/phone. To be fair I'm not a really heavy user and so not so bothered about charges, but rates don't seem too bad these days. I don't like the idea of free texts/minutes and all these offers which make it hard to compare, but that's the way it goes I guess.

Sure seems to much of a shell outfit for my liking, at least MT have a good local presence.

You know how it is.

Why not Manx Telecom are a bunch of useless tossers who couldn't set up a telephone link in an Albanian goat herders village between 2 mud huts 12 yards apart using 2 tin cans and a string

Just which "bunch of useless tossers" are you refering to. The senior management, the middle management, the sales staff, the opperators who work shifts covering 24hours a day. The shop staff. The exchange staff, or the engineers who work in all weathers to keep the network going as best as possible.

Comments like that piss off not one but 300 people. And to call 300 plus people "Useless tossers" is just sad. :angry: